Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:33 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: October 6th, 2017, 6:04 am 

Whatever the case, my top priority is making it playable for everyone. Does anyone know why exactly these Japanese guys have a thing for hoarding these?

PostPosted: October 8th, 2017, 2:03 am 

Beats me, it just is what it is and we have to live with it. If you spot another auction just throw me a pm and I'll try to help with something.

PostPosted: October 8th, 2017, 1:47 pm 

It should be noted that I also have someone going out the Beep's Akihabara location to check for it, as well as all the arcade ports I'm looking for. I might be able to get him to check their Saitama location as well. Whatever the case, it'd be a miracle if another auction came up (at least on Yahoo Japan) for even another year or two. If it does, though, I'll let you and everyone know ahead of time.

PostPosted: October 12th, 2017, 8:20 am 

are you interested in collecting hudson games? as far as i know there are so many games by hudson haven't been preserved, mainly the games on msx, pc 6001, pc 8001, pc 8801, x1, fm7, sharp mz series and other platforms.

PostPosted: October 12th, 2017, 7:07 pm 

missumj wrote:
are you interested in collecting hudson games? as far as i know there are so many games by hudson haven't been preserved, mainly the games on msx, pc 6001, pc 8001, pc 8801, x1, fm7, sharp mz series and other platforms.

Yes, I'm interested in getting them but mostly I just want to preserve them. I'd give them to the Preservation Society for good. (Not until after I scanned their manuals, though.)

There are indeed many undumped Hudson games, but most of them are different versions of already dumped games. (Still want to preserve them, though.) Take their licensed Nintendo games, for instance. There are four undumped versions of Mario Bros. Special (MZ-2200, S1, 6601, SMC-777), two of Punch Ball Mario Bros. (S1, MZ-1500), and one of Balloon Fight (MZ-1500). I also want to preserve Dempa's arcade ports. Unfortunately, I'd never have the money to get these platforms and play these games on real hardware, so I'll probably always have to stick to emulation.

PostPosted: October 13th, 2017, 5:26 am 

hudson124 wrote:
missumj wrote:

Yes, I'm interested in getting them but mostly I just want to preserve them. I'd give them to the Preservation Society for good. (Not until after I scanned their manuals, though.)

There are indeed many undumped Hudson games, but most of them are different versions of already dumped games. (Still want to preserve them, though.) Take their licensed Nintendo games, for instance. There are four undumped versions of Mario Bros. Special (MZ-2200, S1, 6601, SMC-777), two of Punch Ball Mario Bros. (S1, MZ-1500), and one of Balloon Fight (MZ-1500). I also want to preserve Dempa's arcade ports. Unfortunately, I'd never have the money to get these platforms and play these games on real hardware, so I'll probably always have to stick to emulation.

Super Mario Special is for sale here
https://www.suruga-ya.jp/product/detail/126000811001

Last time I saw it there 5 years ago, it was 18000 yen, I probably should have bought it then, but I don't feel like messing with 5 inch floppies.

PostPosted: October 13th, 2017, 10:35 am 

i want to make a list of old hudson games on nec pc series, fm 7, sharp x1, mz series, msx and so on. seems that we don't have a complete list of japanese vintage computer games and there is no a public japanese game preservation project.

PostPosted: December 10th, 2017, 5:21 am 

a copy of donkey kong 3 for sharp x1 is selling on yahoo auctions with some other games. it will end on 16th dec.
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w209209055

PostPosted: December 11th, 2017, 7:41 am 

So is anyone going to run a fundraiser for this and then buy and dump the game?

PostPosted: December 13th, 2017, 6:10 am 

brolly wrote:

Well, I need all the help I can get. I will do my best. Please, if you or anyone else want to contribute, message me and I'll give you my Paypal. I can't believe another one popped up already. This is the shortest recorded time between auctions of the game.

Also, does anyone know if any of the other five games are also undumped?

PostPosted: December 14th, 2017, 1:50 pm 

hudson124 wrote:
brolly wrote:

Well, I need all the help I can get. I will do my best. Please, if you or anyone else want to contribute, message me and I'll give you my Paypal. I can't believe another one popped up already. This is the shortest recorded time between auctions of the game.

Also, does anyone know if any of the other five games are also undumped?

yes Xevious, Donphan and Ougon No Haka was already dumped.

PostPosted: December 14th, 2017, 10:38 pm 

The fact that this is a lot with more games will probably end up driving the price way higher and since they are already dumped doesn't make it very interesting.

I can chip in with about $35 at this point, can't really do more since I've been spending quite some money with other systems.

PostPosted: December 14th, 2017, 11:50 pm 

Shot you a message on Nintendo Age. I'm willing to pitch in. Brolly you should've gave me a heads up on this, you know i love this kinda stuff haha ;)

PostPosted: December 15th, 2017, 1:42 am 

Response sent :wink:

PostPosted: December 15th, 2017, 2:41 am 

The more I look at the disks the more confused I get. Sharp X1 uses 5.25 right? But these look odd and not that size. I'm not terribly familiar with the system though. I have a Kryoflux and a 5.25 drive I can use for dumping but it may require something else?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next