Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:56 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: December 28th, 2016, 9:43 pm 

Hi there. We're a romhacking/translation group known as 46 OkuMen dedicated to working on games released on the PC-98 series of computers. This post will be mostly about keeping you guys updated on what we're working on and when those projects are released.

Current Projects
Appareden - Scroll of the Crouching Dragon
Different Realm: The Eternal Sage

Completed Projects
CRW - Metal Jacket | Trailer
E.V.O.: The Theory of Evolution (46 Okunen Monogatari: THE Shinkaron) | Trailer
Rusty | Trailer

(Links are to our project pages, which will contain the patches on release as well as general progress for our current projects.)

That's it for now. You can find more about us over at our website.

Old Post:
Quote:
First up, the link you'll all be wanting.

http://46okumen.com/2016/12/28/e-v-o-the-theory-of-evolution-pc-98-is-out/ | http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2830/

That's our announcement post on our website for the release of our English translation of 46 Okunen Monogatari: The Shinkaron, which we are calling E.V.O.: The Theory of Evolution!

It's been a long road, but we've finally hit release and we're excited for English speakers to finally get the chance to play this game. We even translated the manual so you can get that old-fashioned new game experience.

The patch targets some commonly available versions of the game, both floppy disk images and hard disk images. Let us know if you have any trouble or notice any bugs we may have missed in testing!

Above all else though, enjoy.

Last edited by kuoushi on July 10th, 2017, 10:56 pm, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted: December 28th, 2016, 11:38 pm 

I've been waiting for this one for years. Your patches for the floppy version don't match any of the three sets I have (the one from the eventual NeoKobe set is the easiest to find, here) but the HDI one was a match.

PostPosted: December 28th, 2016, 11:41 pm 

ArstanNeckbeard wrote:
I've been waiting for this one for years. Your patches for the floppy version don't match any of the three sets I have (the one from the eventual NeoKobe set is the easiest to find, here) but the HDI one was a match.

We had an issue with one of the disk image patches, but both HD and FD sets from Neo Kobe should work now.

PostPosted: December 29th, 2016, 12:33 am 

kuoushi wrote:
We had an issue with one of the disk image patches, but both HD and FD sets from Neo Kobe should work now.

Confirmed, both patched and both at least start up. Now to find some free time!

PostPosted: December 29th, 2016, 5:37 pm 

Nice translation. :-)

PostPosted: January 1st, 2017, 3:21 pm 

This is… Job well done 46 Okumen, first thing i gotta do is to share my gameplay video of this game with english patch eventually.

EDIT: Nevermind, ArstanNeckbeard did the gameplay video.

PostPosted: May 8th, 2017, 3:14 pm 

So I figured this thread would do better as a general topic for our group's translation projects. And speaking of that, we just released a translation patch for Rusty (including a translated manual)!

This release also uses our new patching system that we're working on that will target the specific files we change inside of the disk image rather than full disk images. Unfortunately it has issues working on 32-bit systems at the moment. This only applies to Windows platforms as that's what our patcher works on. If all else fails try the Mac/Linux patches (which are still in the full disk xdelta patch format).

In any case, the patches and manual can all be found here on our Rusty project page.

PostPosted: May 8th, 2017, 6:10 pm 

A job well done!

The game is nice too. A decent Castlevania clone with a killer soundtrack (though the PC-AT YM3812 version actually sounds even better IMO).

PostPosted: May 12th, 2017, 11:33 am 

Thank you very much for this translation! I'm a total sucker for every scantily clad, high-heeled heroine, so Rusty is one of my all time favourite titles for PC-98. It's time for some whip action once again, this time in English!

PostPosted: May 23rd, 2017, 3:24 pm 
Site Admin

Awesome job, thumbs up !

PostPosted: June 14th, 2017, 8:09 pm 

Just posted the trailer for our next translation patch, CRW Metal Jacket.

Trailer

PostPosted: July 1st, 2017, 12:19 pm 

kuoushi wrote:
Just posted the trailer for our next translation patch, CRW Metal Jacket.

Trailer

Fantastic!!! Really looking forward to this one! Will you be translating the prequel also?

PostPosted: July 1st, 2017, 2:42 pm 

Unsure if CRW 2 is the "prequel" as I haven't played it beyond checking out the differences between the two games, but if that's the one you're talking about we have certainly looked into its files a bit to see how difficult it'd be to hack in general. If there's another game in the CRW universe that we missed (aside from the PSX version that we're not going to be doing) then let me know.

Can't really give you an answer as to whether we'll do it or not just yet, as we don't know for sure if/when it'd be. Got a lot of other games on our plate that we'll probably be announcing projects for decently soon too.

PostPosted: July 1st, 2017, 11:23 pm 

(double post, sorry!)

We just released CRW, so give it a spin! We also updated our patching process so it should be easier for people to patch the files on any given Windows system. No Linux/Mac support (yeT), but we do have the full disk xdelta patches for you guys so you're not left completely out and can still apply the patches and play.

https://46okumen.com/2017/07/01/time-to-visit-neo-japan-and-quell-those-insurrections-crws-english-translation-patch-is-now-released/

PostPosted: July 1st, 2017, 11:45 pm 

Nice work :D