Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:01 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: December 31st, 2015, 5:49 am 
Can't find any dumps of this Japanese RTS game for Windows 95/98. Supposedly it's a Starcraft clone, which were abundant in South Korea for obvious reasons, but are practically unheard of in Japan.

TGL's website circa 2000 is on the Wayback Machine, but doesn't seem to contain any mention of Dark Solid. The only lead I've been able to turn up is this Comshop listing, which includes a full scan of the back of the game's box. Any further help would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2016, 12:43 am 

Here's the Amazon listing for Dark Solid Limited Edition, and here's the old TGL page for the game. I see three used copies in good condition you can get from Amazon.jp right now, much the same as with Jungle Park and a few other Japanese Win9x-era games. Those screens on the back of the box are all I've seen of the game proper, but it looks promising since TGL was getting serious with real-time tactics/strategy around that point (ex. Saint Eyes).

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2016, 1:23 am 
Thanks! Too bad Wayback didn't save any of the screenshots from TGL's site. I should have thought to look on Amazon JP first...I don't yet have a method of getting stuff from there shipped to me in the US right now, but this should give me the incentive to find one.

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2016, 4:27 pm 

There are a lot of ways to buy things from japan actually, way easier than from taiwan or south korea imho. Just keep in mind extra charge for domestic and international shipping, bank transfer, service fee and so on...

You can use various websites like noppin, smj, rinkya, tenso...