Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:47 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: September 25th, 2015, 4:42 am 

New update.

A long time ago I downloaded the full set of Compile Disc Station (3rd series) from a torrent. Since I don't see them anywhere for download, I'm going to start uploading them to this folder.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/o94sz4gkh64ld/Compile

1-11 are PC98, and 12-27 are Windows.

PostPosted: September 28th, 2015, 10:17 pm 

Update

I updated the already existing uploads for Tong Nou, Chu Teng, and Garage with instruction manual scans.

http://macintoshgarden.org/games/easter ... f-tong-nou
http://macintoshgarden.org/games/chu-teng
http://macintoshgarden.org/games/garage ... -adventure

A trillion thanks to the original dumper who I was able to get in contact with on HG101 and gave me these scans.

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2015, 5:23 am 

Getting an aucfan paid membership has been quite helpful in gauging the obscene rarity of some of these games as I can see every yahoo auction that has sold in the past 10 years, which helps me figure out which games to prioritize. Of course, YAJ isnt the only place to find old computer games, but it is one of the best places to look and it helps you know what to expect.

For example, if you search for a relatively common PC game such as Steins;Gate you'll find that it has been up for auction many hundreds of times. The PC port of Final Fantasy VIII has come up around 80 times.

Samurai Mech and its sequels have come up for auction about 25 times. Alexworld has come up 21 times. Garage, which allegedly had a print run of 3000, has come up 13 times (though obscenely expensive each time.) Hilariously enough, half of those auctions were for a "limited edition" of the game with different packaging.

Chu Teng and The Alius have each come up 7 times. (Is user Macaw planning on dumping that game any time soon?)

I tried searching for the rarest game I could think of, 3D Virtual Australia for the Laseractive (technically not actually a game, but just for the sake of comparison.) Sure enough it has only appeared for auction once in the last 10 years, in 2011.

This has inspired me to come up with what I call an aucfan rarity which counts the number of times the item has sold on YAJ in the past 10 years (aucfan doesn't show unsold items to my knowledge.) The lower the number is, the harder the item is to find, with the rarest items only showing up once. So with that in mind, I have decided to assign each game a rarity rating based on how many times it has appeared on YAJ in 10 years (added to how many times I've seen the games in other places as far as I can remember.)

<10: ★★★★★
11-40: ★★★★☆
41-80: ★★★☆☆
80-120: ★★☆☆
>120: ★☆☆☆☆

Last edited by bakuDD on October 3rd, 2015, 7:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2015, 5:25 am 

Don Rumata wrote:

UPDATE (09/24/15): Macaw told me (via stream) that he's got a working copy of Nirvana: Zeta II!

That's great, but... is he going to dump it?

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2015, 8:02 am 

He says he will, but he's been saying that for ages. I know Macaw's getting his copy of Next Power (Mac Ys-like) dumped via Kryolflux by a friend, mainly to make sure the disks read correctly after all the hassle.

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2015, 10:42 am 

Oh, just looked it up and it's a PC98 game... I'll leave that to the people who are dealing with that. (Looks like a cool game though.) Hopefully he'll come and dump The Alius soon, that one is for Windows/Mac.

PostPosted: October 9th, 2015, 2:11 pm 

Japanese versions of The Neverhood (PC) there was a game release or didn't leave further to The Neverhood(TM) Marketing Beta Release. I didn't find information at all the release of game took place or not.

PostPosted: October 24th, 2015, 2:15 am 

al32gabby wrote:
Japanese versions of The Neverhood (PC) there was a game release or didn't leave further to The Neverhood(TM) Marketing Beta Release. I didn't find information at all the release of game took place or not.

It was published by Microsoft, and I have seen it for sale in the past at an expensive price (a long time ago.) I think its just really rare like every other cool PC game in Japan.

And I just hit my search limit on aucfan apparently. In order to search more than 1000 things I have to fork over even more money? LOL NO THANKS.

But regardless I took detailed notes on what I found, so I have a pretty decent list of what I'm looking for now, and I can go straight for all the rarest games first. On the other hand I have to ask how are so many of these games so insanely rare? The Saboten Man has come up twice on Yahoo Auctions in 10 years (I did recently purchase a copy from a private collector so you can thank me for that) and I found another guy who somehow has a Mac version but doesn't want to sell it or dump it for money. With the japanese strict adherence to copyright laws you'd think they were afraid of getting the death penalty or something. This is definitely not a hobby for the impatient...

I have up The Saboten Man on ebay now. I will dump it soon but we'll see if anyone wants to buy it first.

Also I've finished uploading Disc Station, later I'll upload a couple of extras. I have Disc Station "I miss you" for Playstation, Madou Monogatari 123 and ARS scans, After Devil Force with scans, Wander Wonder with scans. I'll put all of those in the Compile folder.

PostPosted: October 25th, 2015, 5:27 pm 

I will be posting new dumps on Patreon soon. Only pledgers have access to the dumps, it's up to them if they want to dump it elsewhere. The minimum pledge is only $1 per dump. I will update the OP with a list of the latest dumps. Reminder that they will all come with scans of the packaging + manual.

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2015, 3:08 pm 

Don Rumata wrote:
Starscream the 2nd wrote:
Don Rumata wrote:
•BLACK MAGIC (Windows successor to CRW wargames on PC-98)

This has been dumped, it's a very small file I've never tested though. If you want it, I'll see that I post it this week.
Please do! I wanna see if the in-game movies can be ripped, among other things.

Pardon, I had some health issues among other things. I took a brief look at the game. Not sure if this is really what you seek, I can't say if that's really a genuine copy of the cd. You can download here, it's a small file:

http://gavitex.com/share/govpqboxz

PostPosted: November 5th, 2015, 6:35 pm 

Thank you! I can't get the installer working, but the game itself plays well, and maybe I can get the music to play correctly too.

PostPosted: December 5th, 2015, 6:35 am 

Will be posting games on patreon in a month or two. Right now Im still acquiring hardware to test and dump my games. I have a bunch of them now though so once I start I should be able to post at least one title a week.

PostPosted: February 8th, 2016, 4:35 pm 

The Last Express japanese version just came up on YAJ, loose no box copy without manual. Started at 5000 yen, ended at 54000. The game is definitely in demand!

PostPosted: February 11th, 2016, 12:07 am 

Don Rumata wrote:
He got Samurai Mech 1.02 in 2012 but not the manual. And I'm assuming the copy protection's got a randomized element to it since there's multiple red-on-black pages in the manual dedicated to it.

There is a special password !
At the window of the request of serial code, type in '武者修業でござる'.
You can play a game without !

'武者修業でござる' means 'It's Warrior Training!'.

PostPosted: April 19th, 2016, 1:59 pm 

I have been posting my uploads to a secret place... a few people here know where it is. If you ask around, maybe someone will invite you there.

By the way... it took me a while, but I found The Neverhood japanese version. Will put it up on ebay later.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next