Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:27 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: March 21st, 2013, 5:08 pm 

Hi everyone,

Yesterday marks the day I was able to successfully place a winning bid for Brandish 3 Renewal!

I've owned Brandish 3 on 3.5" FDDs for awhile now, but I've always wanted to get the CD-Rom Renewal version and now after about 2 years of watching and waiting, I finally got one. It'll probably take a few months to get packed up and shipped over to my neck of the woods, but I had two questions I wanted to ask.

1. Is this a desired item that anyone would like to see an ISO copy of here, or does it already exist somewhere easily downloadable?

2. Is there an active translation-hacking group or scene for translating some Japanese PC98 games into English? Would, or could, Brandish 3 be a possible candidate for a future translation effort? If so, how could I help?

Thanks for your time,

-Thomas

PostPosted: April 16th, 2013, 6:53 am 

Only renewal version of Brandish with significant differences is Brandish 1. (HDD install and soundboard 86 support)

PostPosted: May 1st, 2013, 12:37 pm 

SkyeWelse wrote:
2. Is there an active translation-hacking group or scene for translating some Japanese PC98 games into English? Would, or could, Brandish 3 be a possible candidate for a future translation effort? If so, how could I help?

Thanks for your time,

-Thomas

The only one that I'm aware of who is actively working with the platform is Esperknight. He's registered here and elsewhere (just google the name). But since he has a gazillion of other projects, I wouldn't expect much of a contact, especially if you can't bring much to the table yourself, such as translation support.

PostPosted: May 27th, 2013, 7:23 pm 

SkyeWelse wrote:
1. Is this a desired item that anyone would like to see an ISO copy of here, or does it already exist somewhere easily downloadable?

Never seen one, so, yes, it would be very welcome :) Floppy images are welcome, too :)

PostPosted: May 29th, 2013, 9:24 pm 

@Starscream: Thanks for the heads up about EsperKnight! That might be a great contact once a serious effort to translate this should ever get underway. I believe he is currently working on Legend of Xanadu II for the PC-Engine CD. Not real sure what happened to LOX 1 though so hopefully that wouldn't be too far behind. : )

@F1ReB4LL: Hmm, I thought the floppies of Brandish 3 were quite common. If not I can probably rip those without issue sometime since I already have that. Still waiting on getting Renewal Disks + CD. Haven't requested shipping for this yet. It'll probably be later this year before I receive that one.

-Thomas