Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:10 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: February 10th, 2012, 8:41 am 
I'm interested in hacking Corpse Party to try out some translation, So far I'm using AGTH with Anex and of course a hex editor. Primarily, I'd just like to get the menus, inventory and battle interface translated but I need some help finding where the text is located. Could someone point me to the appropriate documentation or tools? Thanks.

Last edited by Alien Rain on February 10th, 2012, 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 10th, 2012, 11:55 am 

I was thinking about translating Corpse Party myself a few years ago. The text is actually really easy to access because it's a Dante98 (RPG Maker) game. Some of the menus are hard-coded into Dante98, but the rest should be dead easy.

Here's the game files+editor. I translated the first few screens to show you the general idea.
http://www.mediafire.com/?3xem9bxe22glxee

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 11th, 2012, 1:04 am 
Thank-you, This should help a lot. Could you tell me where the in-game script for descriptions and dialogue is edited within the program?

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 11th, 2012, 1:47 am 

Read the built-in tutorial, that explains pretty much everything.
Or just look at a tutorial for the newer RPG Maker versions - it's basically the same.

There are different editor screens for items, magic, and enemies (but there's only one enemy in Corpse Party). All the dialogue text is defined in the events on the map/scenario screen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 11th, 2012, 2:45 am 
Ok, Found it! Reading the tutorial is going to be a bit hard though because of my lack of Japanese, thus I have considered this more of a long-term project. Then again I probably should have mentioned that in the first post. :roll:

PostPosted: March 12th, 2012, 1:16 pm 

My friend and I are already in the process of translating the script for the PC-98 version of Corpse Party. We have finished translating Ending Rank C and we're currently working on D and D-2 before getting to the better Ending Ranks.

If everything goes without a hitch and with our steady pace, we hope to have this game completely translated by the end of March. I am inserting the script into Corpse Party Rebuilded, the RPG Tkool XP Japanese fan remake of the PC-98 version. Afterward, I want to insert the script into the actual PC-98 game itself.

Here are some screenshots I took, it's still in the works and these screenshots may not reflect the final product:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/ ... nshot1.png

I was wondering, kobushi, with your permission, may I apply the script to the game you have provided? Granted, we will give you full credit.

PostPosted: March 12th, 2012, 10:25 pm 

enigmaopoeia wrote:
Corpse Party Rebuilded, the RPG Tkool XP Japanese fan remake of the PC-98 version

Whoa, didn't know about that. That's cool.

Quote:
I was wondering, kobushi, with your permission, may I apply the script to the game you have provided? Granted, we will give you full credit.

Of course! I don't need credit or anything.

Good luck with the project :)

PostPosted: April 13th, 2012, 11:58 pm 
Fantastic work! I initially only set out to get the in-game menus translated but getting to play the whole thing in English is even better. Keep up the great work! 8)

PostPosted: May 17th, 2012, 9:25 pm 

I know it has been a while, but we have finally completely translated the RPG Tkool XP remake of CORPSE-PARTY.
You can download it here @ http://www.memoriesoffear.com/games_cor ... index.html

Also I want to eventually insert the script into the PC-98 version of the game, but it seems to be quite the process. One problem I came across is that I am unable to edit the choice options in this game to make it say "Yes" or "No" instead of はい and いいえ. The rest is basically just trying to work around RPG Dante 98 to insert the English script, but it's kind of low priority as of now.

PostPosted: May 17th, 2012, 9:50 pm 

Congratulations! Thanks to you more people will be able to enjoy this incredible game.

enigmaopoeia wrote:
One problem I came across is that I am unable to edit the choice options in this game to make it say "Yes" or "No" instead of はい and いいえ.

I'm pretty sure those are hardcoded into the Dante98 engine - you can't change them without some serious hacking.

PostPosted: May 18th, 2012, 3:26 am 

Congratulations, Memories of Fear!

I hope you keep doing translations of great games, such as this!

PostPosted: May 18th, 2012, 5:21 am 

Thank you very much for your hard work, downloading right now.

PostPosted: May 18th, 2012, 6:08 am 
Site Admin

Congratulations for this achievement ! :wink:

PostPosted: September 28th, 2012, 7:20 pm 

I hate to necropost, but this concerns text hacking in CORPSE-PARTY.

I am slowly making my way with inserting the English text into the actual PC-98 version of the game. My usual method was to click on the event DAT file in RPG Tkool Dante 98 in the "Prepare Map/Scenario" [マップ・シナリオの作成] option. Then select "Insert Sentence" [文章を書く] from the Event Parts Editor [イべントパーツの編集], select "Edit Sentence" [文章の修正], and replace the Japanese text with English. However I came across a problem while editing. Sometimes when I edit the text, after I select "Insert Sentence" [文章を書く], it will brings me back to the map instead of editing the text itself. This causes problems because half of the game will be in English and the other half will be in Japanese.

I know that kobushi was the person who originally gave out a way to edit the game's text, so I don't know if he/she is still available and may know why this is happening.

Basically, I want to eventually have both an English version of the PC-98 version of CORPSE-PARTY as well as the RPG Tkool XP version of CORPSE-PARTY -Rebuilt-. However this roadblock is slowing down my progress of making the actual PC-98 version in English...

PostPosted: February 1st, 2013, 9:06 am 

Any updates?