Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 11:37 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: April 13th, 2011, 2:24 am 

Hey, so I've been messing around with the hoot player lately, and I noticed that Corpse Party(which you can play the music from in hoot) uses the MML format, which I've seen in a couple other doujin games that aren't on hoot. I thought that putting the MML files from another game in the Corpse Party zip would work, but they didn't end up showing up. I'm assuming I can use the same exe in the Corpse Party zip to play MMLs from other games in hoot; but I would need to make a custom album to do this. Does anyone have an idea on how to start?

PostPosted: February 14th, 2012, 11:23 pm 
You can make an album in hoot but only if the file format used is the same, I'll use Corpse Party in this example.

- First, copy the tracks you want into the zip, Corpse Party uses .MML so make sure that the files you are copying are the same format.
- Go into the xml folder and find doujin.xml, right click it and Edit, ctrl-f to find 'corpse party' and scroll down the list of tracks until you see the last one which should be: <rom type="file" offset="0x2b">COP28.MML</rom>
- Under this write/copy the same thing but change the offset to 0x2c and COP28.MML to the name of the file you put into the zip originally.
- Scroll down a bit further and you'll see <titlelist> under this are the Corpse Party track names, Scroll to the bottom of this list and find <title code="0x2b">COP28.MML</title>
- Copy this and paste it underneath, change the code to 0x2c and COP28.MML to the name of the file you put into the zip

Next time you start Hoot, the track(s) should be there, if not just reload with ctrl-r and all should be good.