Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:24 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2012, 8:50 pm 

I've collected various downloads from Share P2P, site rips, other stuff from around the internet, and my personal collection (from the now defunct mdx.hcs64.com) and uploaded them. You can find the collection here.

I've sorted the files in the "mdx.hcs64.com" folder and the "Old DATs" folder. I've done everything I can to keep these archives intact as originally found. All rip tools, BBS ads, readmes, etc... included in the original archives are in here. For some sets, I had to run the tools on an x68k emulator to generate the PDX files. I've also converted the MDX files contained in the text files of those sets as well using some sort of Base64-like text to binary converter (I cannot remember the name). Also, through the kindness of some 2ch folks, there were some previously missing PDX files shared to help complete the sets (Viper V8 or Viper V6 come to mind).

Also included are collections from the Share P2P service that were sorted by users there. Some of these collections are dupes, but with different checksums. Some contain the old Winny virus, but I wanted to keep them as found to make identifying duplicate archives easier. Due to the nature of these collections, some additional goodies are included as well. I've also collected all of the MDX files from the 2ch SOUND FILE thread archives that used to be available on Share.

Lastly, is the "MDXOnline Archive Rip" that was created by automating the key presses of the old "MDXAss v1.10" tool that allowed users to download single files from the MDX Online website that was operated by MoonLight. This folder also contains the "fmppmdmdxspc_titlelog.txt" to help search for a specific file or to see the title field from the MDX header.

A big thanks to all of the contributors to the MDX scene from the past, as well as the cool contributions found here on this forum.

If anyone has some new additions from Perfect Dark or any other source, I'm always on the look out for more. I love to see the different texts (BBS ads, MDX release lists) with the files too, so please leave intact if you are sharing.

Last edited by snakemeat on December 8th, 2012, 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2012, 7:24 pm 

What kind of format is it, exactly? Once I extract it with 7-Zip, I get a single 1.36 GB file which (according to its header) seems to be another 7z file, but it doesn't have any extension and it's not recognized as an archive.

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2012, 11:19 pm 

it's just a split 7z file. I used the official 7zip build for Windows to make it. If you haven't tried that, it should work.

PostPosted: December 4th, 2012, 2:44 am 

That's what I'm using. Well, I don't know what going wrong...

PostPosted: December 4th, 2012, 6:27 am 

I'm away from my normal computer and will have to check it out when I get access to it again.

PostPosted: December 4th, 2012, 7:02 pm 

I also have problems with http://www.mediafire.com
Multiple separated 7z archives badly download by a browser. Have to check the size of download files. 001-007 files must have the same size in bytes. Please use the rar or zip format.

PostPosted: December 7th, 2012, 9:12 pm 

I've added a .rar format version (v1.01) to the folder linked above. A few new files as well from some recent 2ch posts.

PostPosted: December 8th, 2012, 4:16 pm 

Thanks, managed to download all.

PostPosted: December 8th, 2012, 10:36 pm 

But do you manage to extract them? 7-Zip complains both archives (7z and rar) are malformed. I'm quite familiar with multi-part archives, and I never met this issue before.

PostPosted: December 8th, 2012, 11:15 pm 

I was able to extract both the .7z and .rar archives using 7zip v9.20 on Windows XP SP3 (right click on the .001 file > 7-Zip > Extract Files...).

Perhaps kanji chars (high-ASCII, not Unicode) are causing issues?

PostPosted: December 9th, 2012, 4:24 am 

I downloaded the rar archives. Downloaded every file 2-3. Testing archives. Mediafire perhaps specially corrupt files, forcing buying a paid account.

PostPosted: December 9th, 2012, 3:01 pm 

Can anyone do a torrent for the whole pack on neo kobe or an other tracker?

PostPosted: December 9th, 2012, 10:32 pm 

Created and uploaded to the torrent Neo Kobe.