Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: FM-TOWNS Covers
PostPosted: February 27th, 2008, 3:44 am 

Anyone know a good place for FM-TOWNS covers? I was trying to find some for Vain Dream II, Tatsujin-Ou, and the Wizardry games but to no avail.

Post subject: Re: FM-TOWNS Covers
PostPosted: February 27th, 2008, 8:44 am 

mil wrote:
Anyone know a good place for FM-TOWNS covers? I was trying to find some for Vain Dream II, Tatsujin-Ou, and the Wizardry games but to no avail.

There are some sites but they are for common stuff.
Let me know what covers you need exactly.

PostPosted: February 27th, 2008, 7:40 pm 

mil wrote:

For printing?

PostPosted: February 27th, 2008, 9:35 pm 

mil wrote:

If you like I can upload the collection of FM Towns box images that I've been grabbing via Yahoo Japan Auctions / other sources for the past 2 years or so?

I have quite a good collection now, there are a total of 1192 files... Maybe you could use some to create custom covers or whatever :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 28th, 2008, 6:25 am 

DamienD: I think not only would that help me out but everyone else here as well. I would greatly appreciate it.

Quote:
For printing?

There are two main reasons:

1) I'm used to uploading console and unique computer specific games with screenshots of the covers preceding the in-game screenshots. It's common practice for a lot of uploading sites to the point I get habitually irritated when I cannot find one for a specific game. Certainly, the covers are never necessary but I think having them adds a charm to the legitimacy of the upload.

2) I like the artwork. A good example is Dragon Half for the FM-TOWNS. Now if only the actual game looked like that.

Quote:
There are some sites but they are for common stuff.
Let me know what covers you need exactly.

Merci, kingoftheryche!

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 28th, 2008, 10:51 pm 

mil wrote:
DamienD: I think not only would that help me out but everyone else here as well. I would greatly appreciate it.

Alrighty, had the time to upload the collection :wink:

Grab the file from here: http://www.filefactory.com/file/000e02/

Please note; this took me an age to collect plus rename / organise. It's hard when you don't speak Japanese, I think most images are correctly translated / named. Anyway, please let me know if there are mistakes...

Also, another thing is that some of the filenames are quite long. Extract the files to a short path e.g. C:\_

Finally, I also have another 300 or so images that I haven't incorporated into this archive as yet... Need to go through them, delete any duplicates, translate and then rename appropriately. Will get around to it sometime in the near future so expect an update. Hopefully you'll find this useful, all comments whether positive or negative are welcome :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 29th, 2008, 7:43 am 
Site Admin

Plain awesome. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 29th, 2008, 8:17 am 

Thanx! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 29th, 2008, 2:32 pm 

Fantastic! Those images also help by showing some of the actual gameplay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 29th, 2008, 3:47 pm 

Thanx! :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 8th, 2008, 10:06 am 

Thanx ! I take a look !

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 11th, 2008, 9:23 pm 

Time for an update to the pack :wink:

After alot more renaming / organising / corrections, the new pack contains a total of 1669 images. The old one contained 1192 images...

Download the new pack from here: http://www.filefactory.com/file/f46980/

Same thing as before, extract to a short path e.g. C:\_ as some of the filenames are quite long.

Names substituted with "____" mean that I was unable to work out what the game is. If any Japanese speakers can assist with
identification please let me know.

Also, I couldn't list all of games in the following files as the path is way too long:

001 - Shortened name:
BigHonour+TakeTheA-TrainIII+TakeTheA-TrainIV+RaidenDensetsu+SpaceWarSimulationIIDX+DaisenryakuIII'90+RegionalPowerII+___+
Awesome+Gunship-TheHelicopterSimulation+Powermonger+DeathBrade-MutantFighters+GohII+KiwameII+____Spine.jpg

001 - Should be:
BigHonour+TakeTheA-TrainIII+TakeTheA-TrainIV+RaidenDensetsu+SpaceWarSimulationIIDX+DaisenryakuIII'90+RegionalPowerII+___+
Awesome+Gunship-TheHelicopterSimulation+Powermonger+DeathBrade-MutantFighters+GohII+KiwameII+___+MobileSuitGundam-HyperDesertOperation+AloneInTheDark+ElmKnight-AlivingBodyArmour+4DBoxing+Scavenger4+MightAndMagicIII-IslesOfTerra+___+
UltimaUnderworld-TheStygianAbyss+ZakMcKrackenAndTheAlienMindbenders+___+UltimaVITheFalseProphet+DungeonMaster+F29
Retaliator+Suzaku_Spine.jpg

002 - Shortened name:
GulfWar+DaisenryakuIII'90+___+___+AirCombatIISpecial+___+Powermonger+PanzerDivision-TankBattleSimulation+PanzerDivisionII+
Gunship-TheHelicopterSimulation+New3DGolfSimulation+TheBestPlayBaseball+ReturnToZork+AfterBurnerIII_Front.jpg

002 - Should be:
GulfWar+DaisenryakuIII'90+___+___+AirCombatIISpecial+___+Powermonger+PanzerDivision-TankBattleSimulation+PanzerDivisionII+
Gunship-TheHelicopterSimulation+New3DGolfSimulation+TheBestPlayBaseball+ReturnToZork+AfterBurnerIII+PsychicDetectiveSeriesVol1-
Invitation+___+AfterBurner+___+_Front.jpg

003 - Shortened name:
ImageFight+___+PrinceOfPersia+TaitoChaseH.Q.+JanJakaJan+Trigger-InteractiveDigitalAnimation+Columns+BeastIII+Populous&The
PromisedLands+DORBestSelectionPart1+DORBestSelectionPart2+___+___+DaikoukaiJidaiII-UnchartedWatersII+GunBlaze+Virtuacall
_Spine.jpg

003 - Should be:
ImageFight+___+PrinceOfPersia+TaitoChaseH.Q.+JanJakaJan+Trigger-InteractiveDigitalAnimation+Columns+BeastIII+Populous&The
PromisedLands+DORBestSelectionPart1+DORBestSelectionPart2+___+___+DaikoukaiJidaiII-UnchartedWatersII+GunBlaze+Virtuacall
+BubbleBobble+Gokko+Scavenger4+RaidenDensetsu+AirWarriorV2+New3DGolfSimulation_Spine.jpg

Thanks must go to wheelaa for providing some of the images and demoniac for helping with translating some of the more difficult ones :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 13th, 2008, 2:16 pm 

Thanks alot DamienD, Wheelaa and Demoniac!

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 14th, 2008, 7:39 pm 

Nice one mate! I hope Gorby's Pipeline made it in there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 14th, 2008, 7:53 pm 

It sure did my friend :wink: