Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 18th, 2008, 4:33 pm 

hahaha, this is not a scan. why are you all not putting in a scanner which is must better. unless of course you want to sell it as a high price. XP.

anyway please add games name and screenshot to
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_FM_Towns_games

Last edited by zblack on March 19th, 2008, 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 19th, 2008, 2:41 am 

My humble and worthless contribution (checked that these scans are not on last uploaded pack):

http://rapidshare.com/files/100616757/scans.rar

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 19th, 2008, 12:02 pm 

Thanks, it is priceless but I guess other thinks it is junk but we need to pay tribute to the pc. without it we won't be enjoying this forum and the internet. XP

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 24th, 2008, 2:42 pm 

wushu wrote:
My humble and worthless contribution (checked that these scans are not on last uploaded pack):

http://rapidshare.com/files/100616757/scans.rar

Many thanks wushu :D

I've downloaded your pack now. Will rename / incorporate them into the next update :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 24th, 2008, 3:32 pm 

Cool, I've now renamed / added in all your images wushu :wink:

...except for one. Not sure what to do about Star Cruiser II: The Odysseus Project :?:

As you can see from the below images, the ones I grabbed have a slightly different image used (no big deal though, for example see "PsychicDetectiveSeriesVol.3-Aya(A)" and "PsychicDetectiveSeriesVol.3-Aya(B)" in my packs).

The thing that gets me is that my images show the developer / publisher as "JHV" while yours show the developer / publisher as "Arsys".

In my images they definitely say "PC-9821/FM-TOWNS", just not really sure about your ones. Hmmm, what to do...

Mine:
Image Image

Yours:

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 24th, 2008, 4:51 pm 

Star Cruiser developed by Arsys :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 24th, 2008, 10:53 pm 

DamienD wrote:
Cool, I've now renamed / added in all your images wushu :wink:

...except for one. Not sure what to do about Star Cruiser II: The Odysseus Project :?:

As you can see from the below images, the ones I grabbed have a slightly different image used (no big deal though, for example see "PsychicDetectiveSeriesVol.3-Aya(A)" and "PsychicDetectiveSeriesVol.3-Aya(B)" in my packs).

The thing that gets me is that my images show the developer / publisher as "JHV" while yours show the developer / publisher as "Arsys".

In my images they definitely say "PC-9821/FM-TOWNS", just not really sure about your ones. Hmmm, what to do...

Hmm...

It could be that my image is not from FM-TOWNS. Probably I got confused and sorted it as towns cover. Or could be that my image is a scan of the manual (although I highly doubt.)

I recommend that for now you leave it out of the package, just for accuracy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 24th, 2008, 11:53 pm 

The CD version of Star Cruiser 2 seems to have been published by Japan Home Video only. I don't know shit about the FM-Towns, but I guess it was only blessed with a CD-ROM version, and no floppy one published by the original developper?

Lovely picture btw Wushu ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 25th, 2008, 12:03 am 

wushu wrote:
Or could be that my image is a scan of the manual (although I highly doubt.)

Yeah I thought about that too... Checked the "StarCruiserII-TheOdysseusProject_Collection.jpg" image and here you can see the manual, which is different:

Danjuro wrote:
The CD version of Star Cruiser 2 seems to have been published by Japan Home Video only.

wushu wrote:
I recommend that for now you leave it out of the package, just for accuracy.

Yeah, probably best to leave it out...

Thanks again for the images though, the more the merrier :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 25th, 2008, 1:28 am 

I can't stop thinking about it...

It is obviously a scan of Star Cuiser II. But of WHICH platform? Not towns, not pc98... Anyone knows which platforms received a port of this game?

EDIT: SC-II was released only for PC-98 and FM-TOWNS. But... PC-98 received also a floppy version of it. That mysterious cover is the scan of the PC-98 Floppy box.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 25th, 2008, 1:46 am 

It looks like the pc98: http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k54326637

edit:whoops didn't see your edit

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 29th, 2008, 3:07 pm 

well, here is a little info. the cover name sexykiller, well the english name is sexy killer but the japanese name is zatsuon.

and d.o have remake it for the pc.
see the review at http://www.do-game.co.jp/release/soft/zatsuon/index.htm
http://www.do-game.co.jp/release/soft/z ... /index.htm

mad stalker rear cover is missing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 30th, 2008, 2:48 pm 

zblack wrote:
well, here is a little info. the cover name sexykiller, well the english name is sexy killer but the japanese name is zatsuon.

and d.o have remake it for the pc.
see the review at http://www.do-game.co.jp/release/soft/zatsuon/index.htm
http://www.do-game.co.jp/release/soft/z ... /index.htm

Interesting :wink:

My JP contact has it listed as "Zatsuon Ryouiki". When using online translators it comes out as either "Noise Territory" or "Noise Area".

I got the name "Sexy Killer" from an online Japanese videogame shop that had the image posted...

Looks like you can download the PC-98 version from here: http://www.emupc.com/soft/6/2/2006/20061017435.html

I also have the FM-Towns version.

zblack wrote:
mad stalker rear cover is missing.

That's because I don't have any rear cover images as yet :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 20th, 2008, 12:37 pm 

Been a while, time for another update to the pack :wink:

After alot more collecting / renaming / organising / corrections, the new pack contains a total of 2350 images...

Download the new pack from here: http://www.filefactory.com/file/823311/

Same thing as before, extract to a short path e.g. C:\_ as some of the filenames are quite long.

Names substituted with "____" mean that I was unable to work out what the game is. If any Japanese speakers can assist with
identification please let me know.

Also, I couldn't list all of games in the following files as the path is way too long:

001 - Shortened name:
BigHonour+TakeTheA-TrainIII+TakeTheA-TrainIV+RaidenDensetsu+LegendOfTheGalacticHeroesIIDX-SpaceWarSimulation+DaisenryakuIII'90
+RegionalPowerII+WingCommander+Awesome+Gunship-TheHelicopterSimulation+Powermonger+DeathBrade-MutantFighters+_Spine.jpg

001 - Should be:
BigHonour+TakeTheA-TrainIII+TakeTheA-TrainIV+RaidenDensetsu+LegendOfTheGalacticHeroesIIDX-SpaceWarSimulation+DaisenryakuIII'90+
RegionalPowerII+WingCommander+Awesome+Gunship-TheHelicopterSimulation+Powermonger+DeathBrade-MutantFighters+GohII-TownsSpecial+
ZanII-TownsSpecial+___+MobileSuitGundam-HyperDesertOperation+AloneInTheDark+ElmKnight-AlivingBodyArmour+4DBoxing+Scavenger4+
MightAndMagicIII-IslesOfTerra+AyumiChanMonogatari+UltimaUnderworld-TheStygianAbyss+ZakMcKrackenAndTheAlienMindbenders+
AirWarrior+Microcosm+UltimaVITheFalseProphet+DungeonMaster+F29Retaliator+Suzaku_Spine.jpg

002 - Shortened name:
FreeSoftwareCollection4+FreeSoftwareCollection5+FreeSoftwareCollection6+FreeSoftwareCollection7+FreeSoftwareCollection8+
FreeSoftwareCollection9+FreeSoftwareCollection10+FreeSoftwareCollection11+TownsMagazine+TheNewZealandStory+_CDSpine.jpg

002 - Should be:
FreeSoftwareCollection4+FreeSoftwareCollection5+FreeSoftwareCollection6+FreeSoftwareCollection7+FreeSoftwareCollection8+
FreeSoftwareCollection9+FreeSoftwareCollection10+FreeSoftwareCollection11+TownsMagazine+TheNewZealandStory+Oh!FM-TOWNSCDVol.2+
Oh!FM-TOWNSCDVol.1+SoftwareContest1+SoftwareContest2+SoftwareContest3+SoftwareContest4+F-BASIC386V2.1L10+___+____CDSpine.jpg

003 - Shortened name:
FreeSoftwareCollection10+FreeSoftwareCollection9+FreeSoftwareCollection8+FreeSoftwareCollection7+SoftwareContest-
SelectedWorkCollection3+SoftwareContest-SelectedWorkCollection2+FreeSoftwareCollection6+FreeSoftwareCollection5+_CDFront.jpg

003 - Should be:
FreeSoftwareCollection10+FreeSoftwareCollection9+FreeSoftwareCollection8+FreeSoftwareCollection7+SoftwareContest-
SelectedWorkCollection3+SoftwareContest-SelectedWorkCollection2+FreeSoftwareCollection6+FreeSoftwareCollection5+
SoftwareContest-SelectedWorkCollection4+SuperTechnologyDemo1993+HighlightCD20_CDFront.jpg

004 - Shortened name:
GulfWar+DaisenryakuIII'90+TheSilentService+Battle+AirCombatIISpecial+___+Powermonger+PanzerDivision-TankBattleSimulation+
PanzerDivisionII+Gunship-TheHelicopterSimulation+New3DGolfSimulation+TheBestPlayBaseball+ReturnToZork+AfterBurnerIII+_Front.jpg

004 - Should be:
GulfWar+DaisenryakuIII'90+TheSilentService+Battle+AirCombatIISpecial+___+Powermonger+PanzerDivision-TankBattleSimulation+
PanzerDivisionII+Gunship-TheHelicopterSimulation+New3DGolfSimulation+TheBestPlayBaseball+ReturnToZork+AfterBurnerIII+
PsychicDetectiveSeriesVol1-Invitation+SoftwareContest-SelectedWorkCollection1+AfterBurner+HyperCDDemo_Front.jpg

005 - Shortened name:
ImageFight+___+PrinceOfPersia+TaitoChaseH.Q.+JanJakaJan+Trigger-InteractiveDigitalAnimation+Columns+BeastIII+
Populous&ThePromisedLands+DORBestSelectionPart1+DORBestSelectionPart2+___+___+DaikoukaiJidaiII-UnchartedWatersII+GunBlaze+
Virtuacall+_Spine.jpg

005 - Should be:
ImageFight+___+PrinceOfPersia+TaitoChaseH.Q.+JanJakaJan+Trigger-InteractiveDigitalAnimation+Columns+BeastIII+
Populous&ThePromisedLands+DORBestSelectionPart1+DORBestSelectionPart2+___+___+DaikoukaiJidaiII-UnchartedWatersII+GunBlaze+
Virtuacall+BubbleBobble+Gokko+Scavenger4+RaidenDensetsu+AirWarriorV2+New3DGolfSimulation_Spine.jpg

006 - Shortened name:
OperationWolf+TheNewZealandStory+Nobunaga'sAmbition-Haouden+Microcosm+Scavenger4+MegaMorph+MuscleBomber-TheBodyExplosion+
BubbleBobble+ImageFight+TaitoChaseH.Q.+PuLiRuLa+RainbowIslandsExtra+Splatterhouse+TatsujinOu-Truxton2+Viewpoint+_Spine.jpg

006 - Should be:
OperationWolf+TheNewZealandStory+Nobunaga'sAmbition-Haouden+Microcosm+Scavenger4+MegaMorph+MuscleBomber-TheBodyExplosion+
BubbleBobble+ImageFight+TaitoChaseH.Q.+PuLiRuLa+RainbowIslandsExtra+Splatterhouse+TatsujinOu-Truxton2+Viewpoint+
KyukyokuTiger+RaidenDensetsu_Spine.jpg

007 - Shortened name:
UltimaIV-QuestOfTheAvatar+UltimaUnderworld-TheStygianAbyss+SimCity+SimCity2000+TakeTheA-TrainIV+LunaticDawnII+AloneInTheDark+
RaidenDensetsu+___+Doukyusei+Doukyusei2+Nobunaga'sAmbition-BushouFuuunRoku+Nobunaga'sAmbition-Haouden+Brandish+_Spine.jpg

007 - Should be:
UltimaIV-QuestOfTheAvatar+UltimaUnderworld-TheStygianAbyss+SimCity+SimCity2000+TakeTheA-TrainIV+LunaticDawnII+AloneInTheDark+
RaidenDensetsu+___+Doukyusei+Doukyusei2+Nobunaga'sAmbition-BushouFuuunRoku+Nobunaga'sAmbition-Haouden+Brandish+MuscleBomber-
TheBodyExplosion+PopulousII-TrialsOfTheOlympianGods+F-BASIC386V1.1L10_Spine.jpg

Enjoy :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 23rd, 2008, 5:13 pm 

well damiend. I manage to extract 2346 jpg only. that means I could not extract it. blame it on the long file name.

thanks anyway for expanding the database. let hope we can play all the fm towns games and not just see the covers only. XP.

can you see how offline list works, with it you can put the long file name in the menu and finally your covers can us a random, numbers but I think you should do it once you have complete yours fm towns covers.