Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:29 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Azure questions
PostPosted: December 2nd, 2015, 6:52 pm 

Firstly thanks to Denymetanol for uploading this! I was searching for it for 8 years and only noticed the upload from last year just today haha.

I stream on twitch a fair bit and just finished a full playthrough stream of the game, vod can be found here: http://www.twitch.tv/macaw45/b/685063093

I seemed to get a bad ending... not sure if playing on hard mode would give a different ending, will have to try sometime.

The game was awesome, much better than I anticipated. However I am intrigued and confused about the 'Score Mode' you can select in the mode menu. Once you select it, it leads to an unbeleivably detailed character creation and customization screen that is unlike any other game from the era. In the bottom left you can also see a bunch of stats that all start at zero.

However, once you create a character, you go to a stage (different from any of the story mode stages), and once you complete it you get a score and the game boots you back to the title screen.

So... Is that really it? Surely there is more to this mode than it seems, why would it have such an elaborate character creation system and then you just play one stage and thats it? It makes no sense. It almost seems like some kind of rpg mode where you make a character, then complete stages and use the score to upgrade your characters stats or somthing.

To add to this mystery, on the main menu there is an 'edit mode' that cannot be selected, but it is there on the main menu. What is the point of this option? Is it possibly related to this 'score mode'?

I think denymetanol has the manual to this game, perhaps manual scans could be made?

It would be great to figure this out, as the game is so cool and the character creation mode is an incredibly detailed and intriguing addition to the story mode...