Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:11 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: January 31st, 2013, 2:58 am 

The PC-98DO won't run VA software. I don't know what happens when you try to run VA software on it, but I'm sure there's no harm in trying. You can easily test it with an emulator by using a disk image of a VA game will running in a non-VA mode.

Another thing about the PC-98DO and the reason I never got one is that you can't add a Soundboard 2. The specs in 98 mode are very low as well, though it should run plenty of early 98 games.

PostPosted: February 4th, 2013, 2:14 am 

Thank you Kazekirifx. I will certainly try to emulate this first using hardware specifics and these disk files.

A couple of questions I have:

1. What would be the best emulators to use for both PC88 games and FM-Towns games for Windows?
2. At some point I guess I may seek out another actual PC88 computer rather than staying completely with my two PC98 machines.

Would a PC-88 FE or FE2 play pretty much anything: PC88, PC88SR, and PC88VA software?

Thanks again for your time,

-Thomas

PostPosted: February 4th, 2013, 6:18 pm 

SkyeWelse wrote:
1. What would be the best emulators to use for both PC88 games and FM-Towns games for Windows?

PC88 = M88
FM-Towns = Unz

Just go grab the Neokobe emulator pack and you're set to go: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1161

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2018, 11:17 pm 

Starscream the 2nd wrote:
The other Xak titles you list are not in the Towns Master list that someone made some time ago, based on the database at http://homepage2.nifty.com/ftowns/db/sdb.html

Sorry for the necroposting, but does anyone still have the master list from that site? Last time I've checked (in 2015) it had 1456 entries, but now it's gone and not preserved by web.archive.org.

The closest list I've found is http://kaitori.netgamers.jp/allgames/FM.htm (1444 entries), but it doesn't have any info about the number of FDs and CDs in each release.