Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:17 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: November 18th, 2014, 11:57 pm 

*bump*

I heard from mona_jpn of Know Your Meme that according to this link, the 3-disk game doesn't work for UNZ. Either UNZ or another emulator needs to be updated or a newer and superior FM Towns emulator should be created.

http://hpcgi2.nifty.com/ftowns/database ... Tfile=Data

My only choice is to purchase a complete FM Towns II unit pack as an early Christmas present from one of my parents and run the 3-disk game through that so I can upload gameplay footage of it, as well as record and upload its BGM (if a sound test exists in it).

PostPosted: November 19th, 2014, 4:43 pm 

At the moment, something does not indicate that the game will not run on UNZ. Need to bypass the disk check.
I'll try at the weekend if I can find the time to write down your dump to a floppy and test on real hardware
(FM-TOWNS Ⅱ CX20 and MARTY). But I think the result will be the same. My version of the game will come to me in December.
Interestingly, there are programs for the fm-towns to copy and remove protection from floppies as WIZARD for pc98.

PostPosted: November 19th, 2014, 9:26 pm 

Do you have the 3-disk version, or the one disk + CD version?

If 3-disk, then very good, because it hasn't been dumped online to the point where it works in UNZ.

What dumping tool will you use?

PostPosted: November 19th, 2014, 9:57 pm 

I bought 3-disk version. Usually 3.5 inch floppies I copy use Sony Vaio PCGA-UFD5 usb floppy and DiskExplorer.
Diskette with support dos that is enough. The main problem is the crack loader game.

PostPosted: December 4th, 2014, 7:30 pm 

I won the bid on an FM Towns home computer. It's been over a week since that happened. I am still waiting for it to be shipped to the deputy service.

PostPosted: December 5th, 2014, 10:02 am 

Hi all. I'm trying to load your disk file images on my FM-TWONS II Fresh-TV using the HxC SD floppy emulator, disk A is inserted in DRVE 0 and disk B in DRIVE 1.The game seems to load but then I get this message 'set the disk A in drive 0' which is the same I get in UNZ emulator.So I presume either dumps is not good or there is some kind of protection.Which are FM-TOWNS programs used to bypass disk protection like Wizard in the PC-98?

Attachments:
100_6643.JPG
100_6643.JPG [ 86.97 KiB | Viewed 6327 times ]

PostPosted: December 5th, 2014, 12:28 pm 

Should the game be sent to someone who owns either a Discferret or Catweasel? Finding someone who can fix this is difficult. User al32gabby also has the game, and probably should send it to someone. Disk Explorer with the Sony 3-mode compatible USB floppy drive probably won't work.

PostPosted: December 6th, 2014, 4:17 pm 

I can't even run the game straight from the disks on a Windows computer, due to a pop-up window requesting me to format it, which I refuse to.

PostPosted: December 7th, 2014, 8:33 am 

I would just like to set out and clarify certain things.

1. 1983parrothead got someone to dump these disks using a Kryoflux. He/she made 3 sets of dumps in Kryoflux raw format, which is about as good as you will get. From what I can see none of the dumps had any error.

2. 1983parrothead let me have the dumps and I used my Kryoflux to read the raw dumps and output into a standard PC98/Towns/Etc sector image ( 2 sides, 77 tracks, 8 sectors/track, 1024 bytes/sector ).

3. As shown in the .bmp file included in the archive I put up for 1983parrothead, there is an issue on side 0/ track 9(10). I am 99% sure this is not a dump problem, that this track is a copy-protection track, and that the track somehow has a deliberately funny sector count or sector size. The conversion to .hdm file via Kryoflux could not make sense of this ( I did try all permissible Kryoflux sector sizes - 128/256/512/1024 ) and so filled it with H"00" AFAIK in the .hdm image.

4. Therefore the only probable way of making the dump work, if it will, is to bypass the funny sector check ie: to crack it.

5. Attempts to image the disk, even on a Mode3 drive such as the USB ones available, are most likely to fail, as that track would result in an error. Remember - the Kryoflux raw dump has all the funnies recorded, but they cause an issue on conversion to .hdm.

6. Trying to read the disks off on a PC won't work, using something like Omniflop, even if you have a Mode3 drive directly attached, for the same reason. If you want to play with that just make sure the disk is write-protected, as some Windows versions seem to write crap onto disks on some occasions.

PostPosted: December 10th, 2014, 2:45 pm 

Using editdisk (or DiskExplorer), I came across this on Disk A. Where do you think the copy protection is located at? I noticed that "ASUKA-12.0%" cannot be removed.

PostPosted: December 11th, 2014, 8:57 pm 

I finally got the Sony USB floppy drive most people recommended. Unfortunately, after using it along with the editdisk/DiskExplorer with the fmimg2.dll plugin, I successfully dumped Disk A, I ended up with the same "Please insert Disk A in Drive 0" screen.

PostPosted: December 12th, 2014, 9:14 am 
I'm impressed by your effort of Asuka 120% over years.
I disassembled TELOP.EXP and remove the copy protection.
I hope this game maker let it pass.

http://fast-uploader.com/file/6973930198260/
pass:eeeee

Thanks for the Mr.Peter's good and detailed explanation.

PostPosted: December 12th, 2014, 12:22 pm 

Yatta! Sigh of relief! Arigatou gozaimasu!

I will proceed with uploading gameplay videos and BGM!

EDIT:

Some BGM is played in wrong parts of both FM Towns versions. Can anyone fix them?

PostPosted: December 12th, 2014, 7:23 pm 

Thank you Mr.delicious.
Can you talk about the process of crack the boot game.

PostPosted: December 13th, 2014, 2:59 am 

delicious wrote:
I'm impressed by your effort of Asuka 120% over years.
I disassembled TELOP.EXP and remove the copy protection.
I hope this game maker let it pass.

I must say that 1983parrothead's quest to get this game running has been very tenacious and dedicated.

Superb work, delicious, on cracking it.