Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:43 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: December 14th, 2014, 6:58 am 
Sorry,I have not played this game,so I cannot figure out the problem exactly what you say.
if it occurs from the bug of that emulator Unz's problem, I'm clueless.

It was not difficult to disassemble its static exe file except for a type of application which chage the machine codes itself dynamically during execution.
FM-Towns is based on 32bit intel x86 family architectures.
So,there are some disassemblers which targets on x86 CPU.

First of all,I searched the key string '0ドライブにディスクA・・',
and,I checked the jump-if opcodes above the function which references the string.
I changed jump-if codes to unconditional-jump one so as to jump over the function.
So,It seems a copy protection.It took within an hour.

PostPosted: December 15th, 2014, 10:21 am 

@delicious
You are doing a nice job, no any apologies needed ; )

PostPosted: December 22nd, 2014, 8:39 pm 

Could someone re-upload the cracked disks, please?I missed them.
Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: December 24th, 2014, 1:34 pm 

caius wrote:
Could someone re-upload the cracked disks, please?I missed them.
Thanks in advance.

http://www.blackdiamond.co.za/temp/FMT_ ... _eeeee.rar

I hope no-one minds my putting this up.

PostPosted: December 24th, 2014, 1:40 pm 

peter_j wrote:
http://www.blackdiamond.co.za/temp/FMT_ ... _eeeee.rar

I hope no-one minds my putting this up.

Thanks a lot for re-upping it.So, also Kryoflux failed to crack this protection?I have a Kryuoflux USB controller and I bough it only because it claims to bypass every protection scheme.But this is the proof it's not true.

PostPosted: December 29th, 2014, 6:06 pm 

Turns out that there is a problem with the game. I tested out the disks in a real FM Towns computer and the themes of the characters are in the wrong places. Even the "START BATTLE" theme was played during the "CHARACTER SELECT" part. There's gotta be a way to fix the game. In the Excellent FM Towns version, it's only the "START BATTLE" theme during the "CHARACTER SELECT" part that needs to be fixed.

PostPosted: December 29th, 2014, 6:27 pm 

1983parrothead wrote:
Turns out that there is a problem with the game. I tested out the disks in a real FM Towns computer and the themes of the characters are in the wrong places. Even the "START BATTLE" theme was played during the "CHARACTER SELECT" part. There's gotta be a way to fix the game. In the Excellent FM Towns version, it's only the "START BATTLE" theme during the "CHARACTER SELECT" part that needs to be fixed.

Hi, I just read you private message.Honestly I have still to test the cracked disks on my FM-TOWNS machines.Regarding the best way to record auido output you could connect the LINE OUT of your FM-TOWNS to the LINE IN of sound card of your PC or use some audio/video grabber.

PostPosted: December 29th, 2014, 6:50 pm 

caius wrote:
1983parrothead wrote:

Hi, I just read you private message.Honestly I have still to test the cracked disks on my FM-TOWNS machines.Regarding the best way to record auido output you could connect the LINE OUT of your FM-TOWNS to the LINE IN of sound card of your PC or use some audio/video grabber.

I have a double headphone jack cord, but what I am worried about is that the BGM needs to be in the right parts of the game. I noticed that one or two of the disks contain .kmd files. I tried swapping places, and before the battle started, the game created an error.

PostPosted: May 11th, 2015, 4:41 pm 

*bump*

I just got done playing through the original 3-disk version and not only the BGM needs to be arranged to the right places, the ending won't show up because it crashes UNZ emulator.

I wish anyone the best of luck on fixing these problems.