Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:12 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: December 12th, 2014, 10:02 pm 

I am looking for working versions of Sokoban for the above two computers. Finding soiftware on these machines is always tough. I found Sokoban on the 88 on a multi game collection disc image, however it either has soime fantastic protection or it's corrupt as it seems to be crash if you list it but Stages 18 to 20 are missing and come up with errors if you get to them so I am thinking the original dump was corrupted. Break out of the game (with CTRL C) type WIDTH 40,25 and then type LIST 4030, it will list a line with rubbish at the end and say internal error forcing a reboot, although listing or editing any line causes the machine to crash. The handy BASIC viewer in M88 also shows that line 4020 is the last line but it is obvious that it should not be.

I picked up a real PC-8001 Mk II and a PC-8801mkII SR model 10 quite cheap and need to use them in a museum exhibition playing Sokoban (real hardware for the win).

PostPosted: December 13th, 2014, 3:34 am 

These are the Sokoban versions I could find, without going through a long search of compilation disks. I did load the version of Sokoban 1 on the disk Sokoban_1&2.d88, and listed the BASIC as you asked, and line 4030 and on seem fine. I have not checked anything else. There might be some duplication. Maybe this will help.

http://www.blackdiamond.co.za/temp/Sokoban.7z

PostPosted: December 13th, 2014, 12:26 pm 

Thank you. :)

Sokoban 1 listed and worked fine

Couldn't get Sokoban 2 to work on the M88 or X88 emulators in any BASIC mode. V2 didnt like the ROLL comand and the others crashed in various statges depending on the emulator.

Still looking for the PC-8001 version.

PostPosted: December 13th, 2014, 2:13 pm 

What's the exhibition? I'm thinking museum histories of puzzle video games could always use Sokoban as a milestone.

PostPosted: December 13th, 2014, 3:43 pm 

Sokoban 2 Can work,just use V1 mode + 4mhz CPU
Attachment:
1441.PNG
1441.PNG [ 6.57 KiB | Viewed 7447 times ]

PostPosted: December 15th, 2014, 3:47 am 

Which file are you using? The file marked Sokoban_2.d88 is a multi disk collection which has Sokoban 1, all the other Sokoban, Sokoban.d88, Soko-Ban.d88, Sokoban.t88 are just Sokoban 1, some with level selects. Sokoban_1&2.d88 and Soko-Ban_another.d88 do have Sokoban 2 on them but all that happens on M88, X88 and QUASI88 (on either V1H or V1S at 4Mhz, 3.98Mhz or 3.54Mhz) is that it loads up, come up with the title screen and then reboots the machine back to the menu screen. V2 will moan that ROLL is not a valid command.

PostPosted: December 15th, 2014, 8:37 am 

abcdefg

Attachments:
Soko2(1840 SET).rar [34.2 KiB]
Downloaded 322 times

PostPosted: December 17th, 2014, 3:36 am 

That one works sort of.... Line 980 is corrupted, so pressing F1 to quit will crash the game.

PostPosted: October 1st, 2015, 8:19 pm 

Hi. First post :-).

I'm a Sokoban enthusiast and would like to be able to play the very first versions of Sokoban. Was very happy to see peter_j's post on this thread, and downloaded Sokoban.7z from the supplied link. However, experienced the same problem that Jamtex describes in his first post. Namely, corruption of last levels. This is strange, because Jamtex writes with respect to the file in Sokoban.7z: "Sokoban 1 listed and worked fine". I apologize in advance if I'm doing something stupid; please be patient with me as I have never heard of the PC-8801 up till now (and can't read Japanese).

The details:
1. Downloaded Sokoban.7z from http://www.blackdiamond.co.za/temp/Sokoban.7z
2. Downloaded x88_1_5_0.zip from http://www.cug.net/~manuke/x88_1_5_0.zip
3. Downloaded pc88roms.zip from http://andre.facadecomputer.com/saw/pc88roms.zip
4. Uncompressed, copied, etc. Am using Linux. Running "ls" on the relevant directory gives:
font.rom KANJI2.ROM Soko-Ban.d88 X88000.txt
KANJI1.ROM Pc88.rom X88000.exe
5. Ran X88000.exe via wine, "wine X88000.exe"
6. Picked the "Disk Image..." option in the "Image" menu, pressed "Add" button and chose "Soko-Ban.d88" via point-and-clicking the file, and pressing "Open". Pressed "OK" to exit the "Disk Image" dialog.
7. Picked the "Reset" option in the "System" menu.
8. Got sentence in Japanese characters with a question mark at the end. As far as I understand, this is "what level?". Pressed "1", hit enter, and then hit the F1 key. Worked, kind of. The level appeared OK, but when playing the dots representing the places the boxes should go disappeared after stepping on them. Also, some keystrokes registered as double presses. Anyway, level 1 was a success, since I got to at least see it correctly.
9. Did System->Rest, and entered "20" after the question mark. Got an invalid Sokoban screen. Specifically, the man can't move. Tried to upload an image but got "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached".

Help...

A.

PostPosted: October 14th, 2015, 8:32 pm 

Hi,

Posted a picture of what's wrong at
https://sites.google.com/site/abuyoav/

My plan is to convert these levels to a standard sokoban text file and share with the world. Could really use your help...

A.

PostPosted: May 9th, 2016, 5:48 am 

Not forgotten this thread and I am still looking for a PC-8001Mk2 (and PC-6001Mk2) version of the game.

Level 20 is weird as it is working but has a breakable walls, it's a challenge to find the routes and will require a lot of resets to find the breakable walls behind or beside boxes.

I am looking at the code as I want to add a check to see if the boxes are on the dots, as well as redrawing the dots when boxes or the man have moved over them.

The exhibition is called Game On and even had a tweet from the creator with the game being in the exhibition (on the Megadrive). :D