Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:07 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: August 17th, 2016, 9:30 pm 

Hey everyone,

It's a shame I didn't learn about this place sooner!

Since I didn't think anyone else was really working towards keeping Asian retro video gaming alive, I actually ended up creating my own website to try and do something about it. Had I'd known, maybe I wouldn't have done so? :oops:

But on the positive side, it sounds like my goals are a little broader as I'd like to save/preserve all Asian games and hardware, rather than just Japanese items (though still very important)! I don't know of many places online where native English speakers can find a lot of these resources, so hopefully I can at least do something about that. Speaking of which, does anyone happen to have a large archive of games they think would be worthy enough for being archived and saved? I'd love to see if I can include some of these if so. If you think you might be interested in helping, drop me a PM or feel free to register at (https://www.supercom32.net). Everyone is welcome and I'm glad there are more like-minded people out there trying to keep things alive!

EDIT: Please excuse the mess or lack of content thus far. My doors only opened a few days ago! (^_^); But we have a few volunteers and others lined up, so hopefully things will start to pick up quickly!

PostPosted: August 18th, 2016, 5:28 am 

Just saw some simplified Chinese characters on your site. Are you Chinese?

PostPosted: August 18th, 2016, 2:25 pm 

Hey,

Yep, I'm Chinese as well as a few others (Which is why we have a Translation corner), but English is pretty much my primary language. I've found that there aren't really any English sites that cover these kinds of topics (outside of Tokugawa) and all the ones which do cover them are usually in Chinese/Japanese, with zero visibility or access for English speakers. So since some of us are fortunate enough to be a "bridge" if you will, I figure it would be an awesome chance to open the doors for everyone who speaks English as their primary language to get into community!

PostPosted: August 18th, 2016, 4:15 pm 

Nice to see a Chinese here. In fact I can read chinese. So maybe I can do something for you guys...

PostPosted: August 18th, 2016, 5:18 pm 

Sure, we're always interested in having more people participating. If you have any suggestions or files you want saved, please do register and let us know!