Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:21 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Die Gekirin Trilogy
PostPosted: September 14th, 2015, 12:10 am 

No, sadly this is a request, not an upload. The FM Towns thread got me interested in this nice little series, and I predict it becoming my next White Whale, as with the Ryuuki Denshou trilogy before it.
The Die Gekirin I&II pack is a bit too steep for me at the moment (or anytime soon), going for ~$150 on Amazon, and the third game was available briefly for an amazing 700 yen (SEVEN HUNDRED FRIGGIN' YEN!!!!), but as I do not currently have internet at home, somebody else stole it (literally, at that price) before I was able to get to a PC I trust to place orders from...

So, if anybody has/manages to find any of the Japanese versions of these games and wants to share, it would be immensely appreciated.
Otherwise, I'll be uploading them myself in like three years, when I finally track 'em all down. :)

Post subject: Re: Die Gekirin Trilogy
PostPosted: September 14th, 2015, 5:09 pm 

As for the third part of the cost
September 2, I could not win.

http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b178877825

PostPosted: September 16th, 2015, 7:05 pm 

Aw, that's too bad. But at least there are a few of us searching. As was proven with Ryuki Denshou, Relics and several hundred other examples, no game, no matter how rare, can escape the combined might of the Tokugawa Corp.
(for some reason I feel like an evil laugh would be appropriate after saying that)

PostPosted: September 17th, 2015, 2:28 am 
If you don't mind playing them in Chinese, ClubShrimp91 shared this link in this thread where you can download both Die Gekirin 2&3. Haven't tested them, however.
I think it may work as a temporary solution :P

PostPosted: September 17th, 2015, 5:18 pm 

Some bigger baidu links to all three Die Gekirin games here (still the Chinese version though).

As far as I can tell, there's been a few re-releases of these games by CYBERFRONT Corporation (サイバーフロント). There's the "PC game BEST Series Platinum" (PCゲームBESTシリーズ プラチナ) release of Die Gekirin, and then the "PC games BEST series" (PCゲームBESTシリーズ) releases of all three Die Gekirin games (source):

Vol.6 DIE GEKIRIN(大逆鱗)
Vol.16 大逆鱗 2
Vol.33 DIE GEKIRIN III(大逆鱗III)

It seems the copies of the game I'm finding are the Chinese versions of these best-of releases - that is, if the covers are anything to go on.

It was Nihon Application that put out all the games originally, and notable among the developers of the game was this guy. I don't think any of Nihon Application's Japanese releases have Japanese names - they're all roman alphabet titles, so it's easy to search for them, but I'm not convinced there are any copies floating around. There's a torrent for the PC pack containing 1 and 2, but I've had no luck getting it to move past 90.2%.

So, if the Chinese versions aren't what you're looking for, you might be out of luck.

Oh yeah and it's not really a trilogy. The first game, called Gekirin: Ushinawareshi Houken, was on the FM Towns, and was followed by Die Gekirin 1, 2 and 3.

PostPosted: September 18th, 2015, 3:55 pm 

Unfortunately, my Chinese is limited to occasionally recognizing a character adopted by Japanese, so I'll hold my breath for the originals. Thank you for the links and information, however. Learning a Falcom great was involved with the series only increases my interest.

And there are the occasional copies floating around. Amazon.jp has a couple exorbitantly priced copies of the I&II pack:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E5%A4%A7%E9%80 ... B000BARWWS

And I saw III for dirt cheap on Suruga-ya but missed my opportunity to snatch it.
Amazon also has pages for those other copies you mentioned, so they could always turn up eventually. I played the waiting game with Ryuuki Denshou III for two years before a copy became available, haha.
As for the title, I have noticed that even with the English title, many sites use only the kanji translation, so the "Die Gekirin" is only in an image--making the search with characters more effective, at least for me, so far.

Oh, and I specified "Die" Gekirin trilogy because I already snagged the FM Towns original! :D (Thank you, Kaze Hakase! Never even heard of this series before your upload)
Thanks for the help. If you have any luck with the torrent, please let me know, as I cannot torrent at current due to lack of internet; in the meantime, I'll just keep fishing product pages until I get a bite. :)

EDIT: By the way, in your link to the Chinese copies, 2&3 are indeed Chinese, going by both the screenshots and "CHT" in the file name, but the first Die Gekirin appears to be Japanese. :D

PostPosted: October 29th, 2015, 9:11 pm 

Perhaps will interest you, I unfortunately have at present no spare cash :(

http://page22.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/a ... l326595845

PostPosted: September 8th, 2016, 9:50 am 

I have this currently listed on ebay.
Also recommended is Yoshio Kiya's Last Imperial Prince which is on PCFX but also received a Windows release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyyjIQHZVnA