Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:30 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: September 5th, 2013, 9:43 am 

This is another long shot, but I figure if I'll find them anywhere, it would be here. I've been hunting for Ryuuki Denshou 2 and 3 for Windows 95 for quite a while now, along with any of the other releases pertaining to the Dragoon franchise (beyond the trilogy, there was an anime, manga, and drama cd).

So far, I have an image of the original PC-98 Ryuuki Denshou: Dragoon, an import of the Playstation remake, and the OVA, but the only copy of 2 I can find is on Rakuten, which is evidently no longer safe to order from--I thought to use a prepaid credit card so it wouldn't matter when it's stolen, but the individual seller has a reputation for sending the wrong product and refusing returns--and the third game has an Amazon.jp page with no copies available.

So, if any good chap might have an image of either game they are willing to upload, or a physical copy they are willing to sell, or the drama cd, or any of the uber-rare manga, that would be completely awesome, utterly fantastic, and downright spiffy.

PostPosted: September 5th, 2013, 5:02 pm 

Whats this about rakuten not being safe to order from anymore?

I have 1 and 2 for pc. Ill try to image 2 for you later today.

PostPosted: September 5th, 2013, 7:42 pm 

Rakuten rules!

PostPosted: September 5th, 2013, 10:41 pm 

I meant virtual image, that I can play. :P
That is damn sexy, considering how long I've been hunting it though!

Quote:
Whats this about rakuten not being safe to order from anymore?

I've seen reports as far back as February of people having their credit card stolen immediately after using Rakuten. Some searching brought up similar complaints, from many people, across many forums and review sites. Some fairly recent (August), so I'm guessing they still haven't gotten the problem under control.

And if you could get me a rip of any of the games, that would be great. Thanks!
Should I ever manage to track down the third, I'll reciprocate.

PostPosted: September 6th, 2013, 2:27 am 

Ok here is a rip of dragoon 2. I can do Dragoon plus tomorrow if you want it.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1cs76 ... ON2.7z.001
http://www.mediafire.com/download/b3d2v ... ON2.7z.002
http://www.mediafire.com/download/r7oy2 ... ON2.7z.003
http://www.mediafire.com/download/e8z66 ... ON2.7z.004

If you do find dragoon 3 please do share. I fear I lost my chance of buying when I passed on it, on rakuten, two years ago.

PostPosted: September 6th, 2013, 2:51 am 

Xalphenos wrote:
I can do Dragoon plus tomorrow if you want it.

Yes please :)

Dragoon 3 is pretty rare. Hopefully one of us will find it sometime.

PostPosted: September 6th, 2013, 3:52 am 

Thank you so very, very much! That's honestly the greatest boon I've seen this year.
and surprisingly, it runs fine! On a modern OS! (I thought I was going to have to pirate a Japanese Win95 to run in Virtual Box or something)
Though the mouse-only controls is a bit. . . weird; the "mouse function" option doesn't seem to change anything :?: and the keyboard might as well be dead in-game.

And I won't say no to "Plus"; playing on a PC with ITH is infinitely better than switching between epsxe and a kanji dictionary. Thanks again, Xalphenos. You da man, man.

Quote:
Dragoon 3 is pretty rare. Hopefully one of us will find it sometime.

At least, since there are a few of us looking, it'll only take one to find it. . . but let's not get into any bidding wars. :P My weekly searches are at Amazon.jp and Rakuten, so if anybody knows where else I might look that it may pop up, please tell me.
Also, if anybody with superior Japanese has any more information on the other Dragoon merchandise, like the manga and Drama cds (ie. how many there are, what they're titled, etc.), it would be appreciated. I won't feel complete until I have the entire legacy.

PostPosted: September 6th, 2013, 11:30 pm 

Ok here is dragoon plus.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nfbc80q6q9ttcoo
http://www.mediafire.com/?jdt04c3zm9olaqs
http://www.mediafire.com/?687c2bai9e8f8hg

I may scan the manuals if there is demand. Though the manual for plus is pretty crap.

PostPosted: September 7th, 2013, 1:59 am 

Thank you very much!

Since it's a Windows game, the manual is not so important.
If you're willing to scan, a quick front/back box scan would be nice.

But just having the game is great. Thanks! Now we just need to find 3.

PostPosted: September 7th, 2013, 3:58 am 

Second that. The manuals would be a nice addition, but don't put yourself out on my account. Just having 2 without fear of having my identity stolen earns you a big hetero-cyberhug.
Also, it seems I no longer have to worry about the drama cd, as RD:DPlus seems to contain it as an omake. Spiffy.

As for the wonky controls, if anybody else gets cramps from having to perpetually hold in the mouse button (why the hell didn't they just go point-n-click?), try remapping mouse controls to a gamepad with xpadder. When you play games from the couch and not a desk, using analog stick for direction and O, X for left/right click is a thousand times more comfortable.

Quote:
Now we just need to find 3.

PostPosted: September 10th, 2013, 9:03 am 

FIXED: Ignore the text wall

I was really excited to play this with a translation tool, for various reasons, but I've been having really shitty luck so far.
It runs fine with D3Dwindower (which actually resolves the fullscreen graphics problems), but clicking outside the game window has the same effect as trying to minimize or drop to windows in fullscreen - it instantly kills the game. Which makes attaching it to a text hooker completely impossible.It's also a real pain in the ass because the game doesn't mouse-capture, so it's easy to accidentally one-click-kill the thing.

I've tried making a shortcut that opens both the game and text hooker simultaneously and then opening that in D3Dwindower, but that opens ONLY the text program, not the game. Attaching the text hooker to D3Dwin itself, and then opening the game, actually captures the text in-game, but I can't change to the proper thread ('cause it kills the game), though it at least saves the text for later.

In short, it seems that Ryuuki Denshou: Dragoon is a demanding bitch who will break up with you if you aren't giving her your full attention. :S (and then forget all about it and pretend nothing happened a minute later)

Does anybody have any ideas as to how to resolve this? At the very least I'd like to be able to play windowed without losing the game if I so much as think outside the box.

EDIT: Resolved. Kind of. Using the "foreground control" function in D3Dwin keeps it alive, though if the mouse leaves the window while in walking mode (when that crazy directional arrow is present), the cursor goes into an epileptic seizure which requires a system restart to regain control. Pausing and minimizing seems to work though.

PostPosted: October 16th, 2013, 2:01 pm 
Thanks for these great gems. :D But I have a weird problem with both games, when I attempt to save the game shows a black screen with save error message and hangs after that. Have both installed and tried copy all the contents on the disc image but no luck. My OS is XP SP3.

PostPosted: October 19th, 2013, 12:31 pm 
It seems both of Install programs fails on windows XP.
If you copy the all files under the directory "RYU_WIN"(BGM,BVS...SAV..)
and "DRAGOON2"(BGM,BVS..SAV) to the each installed directory from the CD-ROM manually .
You can save the current status normally.

PostPosted: October 20th, 2013, 4:19 am 
Thanks, that solves the problem. :) Last time I was tried to copy the game to my D: drive, that's the reason why the game can't save, now it's on C: drive and the problem is gone, how odd...

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2013, 10:36 am 

Ikugarami, what do you mean when you said text hooker?. Does it mean there is a sort of translator for in-game screens in games?. It would be very handy for me, because i can't read japanese. Could you explain the process?.
Thanks in advance!!!