Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently April 28th, 2024, 11:40 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: April 28th, 2012, 8:41 pm 

http://www.mangagamer.com/allages/Title ... urst-error

Apparently no changes were made to the translations.

PostPosted: April 28th, 2012, 10:39 pm 

Great, because mid-90s English translations of C's Ware games were just awesome :roll: :roll: :roll:
Eve Burst Error is a brilliant game, but I wouldn't waste my money on that.

PostPosted: April 29th, 2012, 3:14 am 

kobushi wrote:
Great, because mid-90s English translations of C's Ware games were just awesome :roll: :roll: :roll:
Eve Burst Error is a brilliant game, but I wouldn't waste my money on that.

Would it be possible for you to list the changes you remember from this release?

I know a majority of the names were changed and a large amount of the translation is pretty QUALITY.

But an actual list my convince them to be more...professional?

PostPosted: April 29th, 2012, 10:09 am 

I've never actually played Eve Burst Error in English, but I did play some other localizations 10-12 years ago, like Divi-Dead, Paradise Heights, and Fatal Relations. They were all full of non-sequiturs, awkward dialogue, and obvious mistranlations. Divi-Dead was just gibberish at the end. Some lines didn't make any sense unless I back-translated to Japanese in my head and reinterpreted it.

Barring some miracle of translation, I doubt this version of Eve is any better, especially with Eve's complicated plot and careful balancing of comic/serious tone.

But glancing at the Manga Gamer blog, it sounds like the old publisher just handed them the compiled game files, so any changes would have required hacking.
I wonder if anyone has done a fan translation of the remake?

PostPosted: April 29th, 2012, 8:28 pm 

kobushi wrote:

The PSP one? Is that any good? The new character designs didn't give me a good impression when i first saw it

PostPosted: April 29th, 2012, 9:29 pm 

Trickless wrote:
kobushi wrote:

The PSP one? Is that any good? The new character designs didn't give me a good impression when i first saw it

Nope. Izmo has expressed interest in getting the text from the translation and putting it into the remake.

PostPosted: April 29th, 2012, 10:24 pm 

Trickless wrote:

Not the PSP one. I didn't like the art style either.

No, before the PSP version there was a PS2 remake called Eve Burst Error Plus. The PS2 version was an all-ages edition obviously, but there was also a Windows version, simply called EVE, that included the H-scenes. I haven't played all the way through the new version but it's pretty nice. One huge improvement over the PC98 version is that Marina and Kojiro's scenarios are combined into a single save, and you can switch between them at any time without saving and loading.

PostPosted: April 30th, 2012, 1:31 am 

kobushi wrote:
Trickless wrote:

Not the PSP one. I didn't like the art style either.

No, before the PSP version there was a PS2 remake called Eve Burst Error Plus. The PS2 version was an all-ages edition obviously, but there was also a Windows version, simply called EVE, that included the H-scenes. I haven't played all the way through the new version but it's pretty nice. One huge improvement over the PC98 version is that Marina and Kojiro's scenarios are combined into a single save, and you can switch between them at any time without saving and loading.

eh,I don't really like the art in the PS2 remake. Although I like Syria's new design.