Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:32 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: July 18th, 2018, 12:54 am 

Auctions for undumped versions of Hudson-Nintendo games have been coming up more frequently recently, and my attempts to win them have unfortunately failed. So, this thread is for any auctions involving said games, whether it be fundraising or notifications of their existence.

To start things off, when I was last discussing these matters in the Donkey Kong 3: Dai Gyakushuu thread, I stated that I had strong reason to believe that the mythical SMC-777 version of Mario Bros. Special was cancelled and thus did not exist. However, there have since been not one but two auctions for the game, bringing the total number of versions for MBS up to nine. While the first was unfortunately lost, another, CIB unlike the first, is up for auction here: https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w243534427

It's been relisted three times, receiving a ten thousand yen price cut each time as not a single bidder has showed. While we lack many funds as of now, it's only 5,000 yen, and thus I believe that while it will still likely go for more than that, with some assistance we can win this for much lower than DK3: DG was won for (not to mention, this comes with another game, though I'm not sure if it's dumped). Any interested contributors, let me know how much you're pledging and I can bid accordingly.

There's more. The PC-6001mkII/PC-6601 version of MBS is also up for sale here (thanks missumj): https://www.suruga-ya.jp/product/detail/153000019001

It may be considered a bit steep, seeing as I recall other copies of that version selling for less, and of course the SMC-777 version is higher priority, but something to keep an eye on.

I'll keep this updated. In the meantime, I ask again for your assistance in preserving an incredibly rare game, this time one that until a few months ago was considered merely a myth.

PostPosted: July 22nd, 2018, 8:43 am 

I am not sure Mario Bros. Special exist for the Hitachi S1 or not.
https://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_Bros._Special

Attachments:
pc88.png
pc88.png [ 7.97 KiB | Viewed 5859 times ]
x1.png
x1.png [ 8.24 KiB | Viewed 5859 times ]
pc98.png
pc98.png [ 7.93 KiB | Viewed 5859 times ]
mz-2200.png
mz-2200.png [ 8.17 KiB | Viewed 5859 times ]
mz-1500.png
mz-1500.png [ 8.04 KiB | Viewed 5859 times ]
FM-7.png
FM-7.png [ 8.08 KiB | Viewed 5859 times ]

PostPosted: July 22nd, 2018, 2:13 pm 

Anna_Wu wrote:
I am not sure Mario Bros. Special exist for the Hitachi S1 or not.
https://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_Bros._Special

It does, check the references under there and you'll find a link to an image of the box. I believe there also exist a couple of in-game images on the Japanese web.

Also, you have the rom of the MZ-2200 version of MBS? That's undumped anywhere on the web. I'm not sure if your copyright laws would allow it, but is there any way you could post it for us?

Now, onto the updates:

As no funds were raised, and I was unable to pay for it myself, we lost the auction for the SMC-777 MBS.

A bit of good news, though, is that MBS for PC-6001mkII/PC-6601 is not only still available, but also on sale for a matter of hours. In the likelihood that we don't raise enough funds during that period, I believe that should be our focus now. It's a version that seems to be in low demand, as it's popped up a couple of times before, so we should have some time.

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2018, 8:20 am 

hudson124 wrote:
Also, you have the rom of the MZ-2200 version of MBS? That's undumped anywhere on the web. I'm not sure if your copyright laws would allow it, but is there any way you could post it for us?

It is a tape to disk version.
I do not have the original tape version as dump anymore.
If you need the disk, send me a PM.

PostPosted: July 29th, 2018, 5:21 am 

PC-6001mkII

Attachments:
MarioBrosSP.png
MarioBrosSP.png [ 9.92 KiB | Viewed 5704 times ]

PostPosted: October 13th, 2018, 5:02 pm 

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/t599822511
Donkey Kong 3 Dai Gyakushuu for PC-8801. being sold here.

PostPosted: October 17th, 2018, 7:50 pm 

Wow...I didn't see this...even my ongoing search for it didn't pick it up...

This is the first recorded instance of this version being sold. I will have to take more caution with this in the future.

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2018, 7:11 am 

hudson124 wrote:
Wow...I didn't see this...even my ongoing search for it didn't pick it up...

This is the first recorded instance of this version being sold. I will have to take more caution with this in the future.

Far from. Since last 2-year, at least 4 been sold.

PostPosted: November 10th, 2018, 3:06 pm 

digression: a bunch of fujitsu fm-7 games by hudson soft are being sold on ebay, some are undumped.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Collection-Cas ... 0891.m5206

PostPosted: November 14th, 2018, 8:16 am 

Kyabetsu wrote:

Far from. Since last 2-year, at least 4 been sold.

Not of the PC-8801 version. The ones you're thinking of were for the X1 version, three auction for that version in just over the past year (though before that there hadn't been any in three years).