Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: April 1st, 2018, 12:15 am 

Okay, some updates:

1. Hubz, thanks for the assistance, but unfortunately it may have to wait as I don't have enough funds to contribute right now and the only game I've found from either company is below.

2. There is a copy of the undumped PC-6601 Bosconian here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bosconian-for- ... 0005.m1851

However, as you can see, it is extremely expensive. We'd have to raise an insane amount of funds. Thankfully, there is someone who's offered to dump the game: the previously mentioned native Japanese speaker. He messaged me and said he's very interested in helping to dump it, but the seller won't ship to Japan. If anyone can help with this, you can mention him once he's approved on here. (Moderators: his account name is Kyabetsu.)

3. @famicomical I've messaged you on FW regarding the SF.

Last edited by hudson124 on June 13th, 2018, 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: April 1st, 2018, 7:38 pm 

Yeesh that price for Bosconian is insane, does it pop up on Yahoo Japan ever? I bet it would be much cheaper to go that route.

Brolly and I won 3 Ebay auctions. Bomberman for the Hitachi Mark 5, Pac-Man and Antarctic Adventure for the MZ-700. Will cost about $100 + Shipping if anybody wants to contribute to help it would be appreciated. I'll get the dumped and scanned and posted here once they arrive.

PostPosted: April 5th, 2018, 1:46 am 

Pleased to see Pac-Man for MZ-700 will be dumped. It features by unique graphics.
Here is also a MZ-700 game on sale: The Pulser (published by Fuji Onkyo RAM).
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/t560343745

PostPosted: April 5th, 2018, 2:36 pm 

missumj wrote:
Pleased to see Pac-Man for MZ-700 will be dumped. It features by unique graphics.

I think this version support the PCG-700/1200/8000

PostPosted: April 6th, 2018, 12:55 am 

missumj wrote:

We were actually not sure if the MZ-700 version was already dumped or not, I know there is a dump of a supposed MZ-1500 version, but I couldn't find any info about such a release so wasn't sure if it was legit or if it was simply the MZ-700 version mislabeled.

PostPosted: April 6th, 2018, 12:58 am 

hudson124 wrote:
He messaged me and said he's very interested in helping to dump it, but the seller won't ship to Japan. If anyone can help with this, you can mention him once he's approved on here. (Moderators: his account name is Kyabetsu.)

Did he send an email to Ben? If not he might not get his account activated. Would definitely be nice to have some more Japanese members willing to help with preservation of these systems onboard here.

PostPosted: April 6th, 2018, 3:28 am 

hudson124 wrote:
2. There is a copy of the undumped PC-6601 Bosconian here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bosconian-for- ... 0005.m1851

Item location: Kobe, Hyogo, Japan
Shipping: Does not ship to Japan

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Who the fuck are these people on ebay trying to scalp $600 for a PC-6001 game? Don't give them your money.

PostPosted: April 6th, 2018, 10:23 am 

kobushi wrote:
hudson124 wrote:

Item location: Kobe, Hyogo, Japan
Shipping: Does not ship to Japan

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Who the fuck are these people on ebay trying to scalp $600 for a PC-6001 game? Don't give them your money.

I speculate this guy's stuff was bought on Surugaya. Several months ago I saw them on Surugaya with much cheaper prices (the game Super Balloon was about 4,000 yen there). Then, sell them on Ebay with extremely high prices...

PostPosted: April 6th, 2018, 5:24 pm 

I started a Discord chat up if anybody wants to use it for my site.

https://discord.gg/asRUDB2

Hope to see some of you there!

PostPosted: April 7th, 2018, 12:36 am 

missumj wrote:
I speculate this guy's stuff was bought on Surugaya. Several months ago I saw them on Surugaya with much cheaper prices (the game Super Balloon was about 4,000 yen there). Then, sell them on Ebay with extremely high prices...

I don't think he will sell anything with those prices to be honest... they will just be listed on ebay for ever like so many other stuff with insane prices.

PostPosted: April 27th, 2018, 12:27 am 

Well, after scanning them, I'm selling some of my issues of Micom Basic Magazine. I won't be selling all, but I don't really want every one.

I'm in the process of scanning them, and will be posting them for sale as I finish. The first one I'll be offering up for sale here is September's issue. The back cover has minor wrinkles in the top left corner, but everything's otherwise in extremely good condition. PM me for images. Price is 25 USD + shipping within the US, cheaper than the costs of importing issues from YJ.

I'll be posting more issues up for sale here as I finish scanning them. Stay tuned.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7