Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 8:56 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: December 15th, 2017, 3:30 am 

I believe the game was sold on a 3 inch disk, so a 3 inch drive would be needed to dump it.

PostPosted: December 15th, 2017, 8:30 am 

Hubz wrote:
Shot you a message on Nintendo Age. I'm willing to pitch in. Brolly you should've gave me a heads up on this, you know i love this kinda stuff haha ;)

Ah actually I was going to, just didn't mention it before since I wasn't sure anyone was going to bid on it or not and I don't know anyone capable of dumping these disks. Seems you found it before my email eheh

The disks are similar to the CPC ones, but unsure if a CPC drive would be able to dump these.

@hudson: I'm assuming you can dump the disk?

PostPosted: December 15th, 2017, 4:10 pm 

I can ask if foone thinks he can dump it. He is all about obscure floppy collecting and I'm almost positive owns a kryoflux. I'll ask him in just a bit.

It looks like I won't be able to dump it without acquiring a drive so no use in sending it to me. If famiac has a drive to dump with we can send it to him. Otherwise I'll see what foone says. As long as we win the auction I feel confident we'll be able to get it dumped one way or another. I'd say you might as well bid on it Hudson and then we can always send it later to whoever.

PostPosted: December 15th, 2017, 5:24 pm 

Okay, I still haven't heard back from famiac yet, so if foone's in the US see what he thinks. If we're still not sure who's dumping it come tonight, I may go for it myself.

PostPosted: December 15th, 2017, 11:01 pm 

No word from foone. So i say go ahead and try to win it.

PostPosted: December 16th, 2017, 12:44 am 

Will do

PostPosted: December 16th, 2017, 1:52 am 

Okay here's the final status of what's going to happen with this: I have a dumper that will bid on my behalf. I've let him know how much we raised, and he'll bid that amount. Here's hoping this works out. Many thanks to everyone who's contributed to this.

PostPosted: December 16th, 2017, 4:54 pm 

I take it we didn't win it :( Sheesh that went high!

PostPosted: December 16th, 2017, 10:56 pm 

I was expecting that to happen considering there were 4 games in the lot, the previous auction with this game alone was the one.

PostPosted: December 17th, 2017, 12:53 am 

Well, sorry I wasn't able to reply to this sooner, but we actually won :D

The dumper said he bid higher than the funds we had raised and will cover what we didn't himself. I'll message the contributor's with how to pay him.

We can all look forward to finally being able to play this game hopefully within the next couple of months!

Now, if only someone could get in contact with Itagaki to complete this game's documentation...http://itagaki.eek.jp/contact.php (only write him in Japanese even though his contact page's in English)

PostPosted: December 17th, 2017, 5:32 am 

Oh man that is great news! Honestly if he can he should dump the other games too just for verification purposes.
PM the paypal info and i'll shoot over my funds.

PostPosted: December 17th, 2017, 7:57 am 

Awesome! Even though I think the price went a bit crazy since the other 4 games were already dumped, it's pretty cool to finally have this one preserved. One more down, still a lot more to go :)

PostPosted: January 16th, 2018, 10:25 pm 

Any update on this? Was curious if any progress was made in getting it dumped.

PostPosted: January 17th, 2018, 5:47 am 

As of about a week ago, the game was unfortunately still in Japan. However, I was contacted by a native Japanese speaker with extremely good English, who's translating some ads for the game, and already translated the sole image of the manual. He also managed to reach Itagaki and some named Imatani who apparently worked on ads for the game, as well as other Hudson games at the time (e.g. MBS and Punch Ball). He'll ask them some questions, such as why the FM-7 version of DK3: DG was canceled. Will update as more information comes in.

http://www41.zippyshare.com/v/KYyKHzuW/file.html

PostPosted: January 18th, 2018, 1:54 am 

Ah so has it not been shipped yet or was it shipped there for someone to dump? That's exciting on the potential information you'll be able to gather on the ads etc.!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next