Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:19 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2017, 2:18 pm 

repoMan wrote:
Quote:
Mmmm, seems that Rassapiator doesn't works, I've tested it with WinSMC and MESS and it locks up with a faded boot screen.

Press the INS key on your keyboard.

PostPosted: May 7th, 2017, 10:04 am 

Doh, thanks Anna, it works!

PostPosted: June 28th, 2017, 6:52 pm 

Some time ago, Masashi Moriya created a patch to convert PC6001MkII's Hydlide to SMC-777. Here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78fWCOCUJao

Has anyone found the above patch or has the already converted game?

PostPosted: February 4th, 2022, 9:13 pm 

My name is Retro-Rock and I have games for the Sony SMC-70 and 777 and if you want to know all about it and there games then you can ask me and I will explain but I am not allowed to give the games to anyone because the owner of these games Bob Saito is waiting for the eSMC-777 emulator is fixed for the other games but I will show some videos of the games I have

PostPosted: February 4th, 2022, 10:53 pm 

Mario Bros Special for Sony SMC-777
https://youtu.be/plb8aeqz5Qk

Post subject: Re: Sony SMC-777 Uploads
PostPosted: March 25th, 2022, 1:36 am 

Yo you should have gotten more because I manage to find all the Sony SMC-777 Games including Mario Bros. Special and hell I even made tons of videos because it's the Sony SMC-70/777 40th Anniversary and you can find my playlist of these right here which I made with the help of Bob Saito:
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOPh ... q4SNra_uPH

PostPosted: July 16th, 2022, 12:41 am 

Congratulations then, enjoy hoarding. No point on coming here bragging about it if you aren't going to share the games...

PostPosted: July 16th, 2022, 12:57 pm 

Don't worry Brolly, I posted them on the Internet Archive right here if anyone wants to play them so have some fun and thanks for reminding me about it :wink::
https://archive.org/details/rocks-preserved-games

PostPosted: July 16th, 2022, 3:26 pm 

Nice collection of games Retro-Rock !

Thanks for uploading them on Internet Archive. Are those all for the SMC?

PostPosted: July 16th, 2022, 4:12 pm 

Thanks for the uploads Retro-Rock!

Just grabbed the Bousou Tokkyuu SOS X1 dump you posted, it's pretty cool :)

The SMC-777 versions of these early Hudson games are very nice, too. I had no idea they even existed before you made them available...

PostPosted: July 16th, 2022, 6:55 pm 

Well sadly those are all the games I have for the Sony SMC-777 and good news is that I just won Pac-Man for Nec Pc-8001mk2 so all that's left for now is Hitachi S1 and Sharp Mz-2000/2200 games I have to get dumped since it's very hard to find Hitachi S1 games and hard to dump Sharp Mz-2000/2200 games so I need someone's help with Champion Prowres Special for Sharp Mz-2000/2200 and will anyone volunteers

PostPosted: July 20th, 2022, 3:29 am 

Thanks for uploading those, that's the right thing to do and I'm glad you got around to share them.

This way those of us who have been buying games for the sake of preservation can focus on really undumped software, also the more games available the easier it will be for developers to improve emulation for those systems since they will have access to a lot more use cases.

Regarding dumping the games, I suggest you join Gaming Alexandria's discord channel there are several guys there with experience dumping games for those systems that should be able to give you some help. The only available S1 game dumps (at least that I'm aware of) were dumped by Hubz. We also bought some MZ-2000/2200 games maybe a couple of years back and got them dumped. Dumping tape games can be tricky though.

PostPosted: July 20th, 2022, 12:27 pm 

Well Brolly on audacity for recording mz-2000/2200 does the volume have to be at 0.50 or 0.60

PostPosted: July 21st, 2022, 10:17 pm 

That will depend on your tape player basically there's no one setting fits all solution, you must adjust the volume to be high enough and yet making sure it won't cause any distortion on Audacity. This will vary from tape to tape. Check this guide from Gaming Alexandria in case you don't know it yet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWpTHZC53YE

But you are having trouble after several tries it might be a problem with the adjustment of the playback head in your tape deck and the record head in the machine on which the tape was recorded, if the adjustments between both were too far ahead from each other it will lead to phase cancellation and your recordings won't be usable. If the difference isn't too high it might still be possible to manually fix the generated WAV file, but it will require someone with expertise to do so and I'm not such person unfortunately.

The best way to fix this is to either have access to a real machine to test the tape and try to load the game on it with some other player and if it works then use that same player to record it in audacity or try to calibrate your tape deck's azimuth. There's usually a tiny screw that allows you to do that, if you own/owned any 8-bit cassette based PC you have probably done this when your games fail to load. You can buy a setup calibration cassette tape to help on this process. There's a decent tutorial here:
http://www.endino.com/archive/cassettes.html

If you consider playing with this I'd suggest buying a cheap player to test it to make sure you won't completely screw up the azimuth of your current one in case it has been creating proper dumps for most tapes.