Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 8:22 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 22nd, 2011, 5:48 am 

Ok pretty sure now its a bad dump. By using the already existing save file with an overpowered character (probably also hacked) I discovered heaps more glitches. In level 4 (the desert) there is a chest item hidden deep in the pyramid, but when you pick it up the game glitches out and you get stuck in the item menu forever.

Also on the last level, entering a certain room instantly starts the ending sequence before you kill the last boss.

In this video http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2030448 and this site http://gyusyabu.ddo.jp/MP3/1987/DEEPF1.html the players both reached the end sequence normally, so there must be a good dump of the game out there (unless these vids/images were captured from a real fm7 playing original discs of the game, though I doubt it...)

The big fm7 pack floating around here is a complete mess, a combination of English named zips and Japanese zips. It has 3 different versions of Deep Forest, 2 of them are useless because they only contain disc 1 and therefore the game wont run, and the 2 disc version is this bad dump.

Are there clean fm7 sets on Japanese sharing programs at all?

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 22nd, 2011, 10:24 am 

I'm joining your plea. Fm7 definitely needs good, organized sets like the pc-88 and pc-98 have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 22nd, 2011, 3:35 pm 

Snake Plissken wrote:
I'm joining your plea. Fm7 definitely needs good, organized sets like the pc-88 and pc-98 have.

We can start with sharing what we have.
This is all I have. Tape images and some 77AV are included as well.

Code:
Pass: tokugawa

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 22nd, 2011, 5:36 pm 

An organized, English only TOSEC like set is already floating around. Also, M.E.S.S. has softlists. Can't say if those dumps there are any different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 23rd, 2011, 2:50 am 

Yeah I downloaded the English TOSEC. Only had a quick look at the zips of Deep Forest and Death Force, and both games only have 1 of the 2 discs, so they are useless. Doesn't bold well for the quality of the other shit in the pack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 23rd, 2011, 3:10 am 

Macaw: The stuff I uploaded has a 2-disk Deep Forest dump and 2-disk+user disk Death Force dump, in those ugly combined D77 images. But I don't have a clue if they work or are the same as you have.
Here they are, so you don't have to download 60mb just to check 2 images.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 23rd, 2011, 4:15 am 

Oh I'm an idiot, I had no idea those single disc versions were combined and you have to load both images on each drive in xm7. Forget everything I said about the 1 disk stuff then! :lol:

Unfortunately even after trying 2 different combined disc versions of Deep Forest it still seems to be the bad dump (I've never come across a bad dump of Death Force though, all of those work fine)

I'm hoping maybe I'm just being an idiot again and these Deep Forest dumps are correct, but I mean anyone else can try it and see for themselves. Start a new game, and then you can press 1 and 2 to skip back and forth between the 6 stages in the game. You can skip to stage 2 where you start on top of a treasure chest, and pick it up to see that nothing happens (the item chests in stage 1 give you more power and stuff)

Anyone who plays through the game normally without using the level skip buttons will realise how broken the game becomes when you attempt to progress any further than stage 2.

Also the pyramid level bug can be seen in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSlIpseoUrU

Watch from about 5:00 onwards, the guy gets the main chest in the pyramid and then becomes stuck in the menu. In-game I've tried all options to get out of the menu but nothing works, and the sound becomes totally glitched.

Post subject: Re: Deep Forest on FM7
PostPosted: October 8th, 2012, 7:46 am 

Once again a request for an upload of this pack. Anyone, please?

PostPosted: October 8th, 2012, 8:57 am 

cpt. Misumaru Tenchi wrote:
Once again a request for an upload of this pack. Anyone, please?

Negative, but here you have a new one.

PostPosted: October 8th, 2012, 9:29 am 

I assume this new pack means bigger and better organised one? :D Thank you very much!
Finally after perfecting my PC-98 & X68k collections (10 months of fighting with various databases, searching the net and asking for games here and there) I'm getting interested in other NEC, Sharp & Fujitsu retro computers. That's why I'm recently reading the whole forum backwards and trying to download and recover whatever I can before the links will die permanently. As you can see it's already too late for many of them. :( I think it's time to register on Neo Kobe Tracker, I'm pretty sure I'll find a lot of rare things there without the need to ask for them here.

PostPosted: October 9th, 2012, 1:14 am 

cpt. Misumaru Tenchi wrote:
I assume this new pack means bigger and better organised one? :D Thank you very much!
Finally after perfecting my PC-98 & X68k collections (10 months of fighting with various databases, searching the net and asking for games here and there) I'm getting interested in other NEC, Sharp & Fujitsu retro computers. That's why I'm recently reading the whole forum backwards and trying to download and recover whatever I can before the links will die permanently. As you can see it's already too late for many of them. :( I think it's time to register on Neo Kobe Tracker, I'm pretty sure I'll find a lot of rare things there without the need to ask for them here.

Actually, I have no idea what that pack contained, but that is my current collection, 7zipped.

PostPosted: October 9th, 2012, 1:29 am 

That's nice too. It's clean and very well organised with romanized titles, great material for starters - I'm sure it will help me get into the FM-7 emulation. Thanks once again.

PostPosted: October 9th, 2012, 2:37 am 

Well, you're welcome! Beware though, some games listed as FM-7 may be FM77AV, I'm not sure about that.

Also, check out this page at Tokugawa Corp. main site: http://fullmotionvideo.free.fr/fujitsu/FM7/FM7.html
There is a small FAQ with enough info to get you started on FM7 emulation, specially if you come from PC-98 and X68000 in whose the tape was deprecated..

PostPosted: October 9th, 2012, 11:11 am 

Thanks for the tips - this short FAQ is really helpful. As you might suspect I was a little afraid of the tape images up to this point. Most of the emulators of western machines have an autoboot option for them and here I need to learn a few loading commands and stuff. But I'm not afraid anymore, my curiosity for more cool retro platforms and games I don't know yet seems to be much stronger. ;)