Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 3:50 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: October 11th, 2010, 2:38 pm 

Good day!

First of all, hi everyone! :) Its nice to see a great board where i found the PC98 Manual from Hydlide 3: Special Edition. Thanks!

I'm remaking Hydlide 3 Special. Tha'ts because i've always loved Super Hydlide from Mega Drive (and because im making my own rpg 2d engine to finish a old rpg from mine)

And i was suprised when i found X68000 version. And then much more when a official remake was done. But that remake suffers because is based on MSX2 version. So using Remake sprites, and X68000 i want to reimagine and do my own Hydlide 3 edition, adding the new stuff found at X68000.

Im actually playing X68000 version (now im at Sky Town), and doing a FAQ. I think this will also help someone to play if desired, but mainly is for documentation purpose.

But there is a big issue from me: I dont understand Japanese :(

So, anyone here played that version and knows exactly the differences? I know in X68000 version (and PC98 is the same, just low res graphs) you can go underwater. But is there more differences? Mainly related the history?

Also, do you guys have scanned the Hydlide 3 X68000 manual? For sure, is not very different from PC98, but maybe is there more information.

And by the way, if anyone who understand japanese wants to help me in order to translate the game (just to know what exactly NPC's said, and understand better the game) i will glad thank you. Or someone who played the Special edition to ask a few questions will be enough :)

I dont know if here is where i can ask for help, if i asked something not allowed, please, sorry.

PD: Sorry my so poor english

PD2: I tried to register with Naitguolf, but seems the active link was never sended to my email, so i needed to register with that name and different email account.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 16th, 2010, 12:30 am 

Well, er... did anyone played PC98 version? :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 18th, 2010, 6:33 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
PD2: I tried to register with Naitguolf, but seems the active link was never sended to my email, so i needed to register with that name and different email account.

Sorry this user does not exist.

I didn't play Hydlide for PC98 :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 22nd, 2010, 9:13 pm 

Ben wrote:
Quote:

Sorry this user does not exist.

I didn't play Hydlide for PC98 :oops:

Umm... no matter. Well, anyone else played it? :P Or maybe knows a faq to play it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 23rd, 2010, 1:09 pm 

Sorry, I've not played any of the Hydlide games, but I know HG101 have got an article about it: http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/hydlide/hydlide.htm

Also, this isn't the X68000 manual you requested but...

Hydlide 3 PC88 Manual + Hydlide 3 Special Vers. PC98 Manual

http://www.mediafire.com/?4t7tji9heo2uxl5

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2010, 4:30 pm 

Thanks for the info.

I will take a look. :)