Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:32 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: September 23rd, 2008, 3:51 pm 

I have found japanise magazine from amazon.co.jp called a [url=http://www.amazon.co.jp/みんながコレで燃えた-NEC8ビットパソコン-PC-8001・PC-6001-CD-ROM1枚-2000、XP対応/dp/4756145914/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1222019326&sr=8-3]みんながコレで燃えた!NEC8ビットパソコン PC-8001・PC-6001 CD-ROM1枚(Windows 2000、XP対応)[/url], there is also a same kinda magazine for PC-8801 available, it's called a [url=http://www.amazon.co.jp/PC8801mkII-SRゲーム-リバイバルコレクション-KadokawaGameCollection-コンプティーク/dp/4047072168/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1222183881&sr=8-2]PC8801mkII SRゲーム リバイバルコレクション (KadokawaGameCollection)[/url]. Have anyone ordered these an are they worth of ordering?

On descreptions of these magazines reads that they come with a CD that includes emulator, roms and some pdf-files.

I'm also intressed about format of those roms on the CD. Does anyone know are they playable on any other PC-6001 emulator like PC6001V and iP6 or do they only support emulator that comes with the CD?

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2008, 5:20 pm 

Ado has got the ASCII ones, I personally got my eyes on them by other *cough* means.
There is actually an ASCII published PC-8801 one as well (identically named mostly).
Mostly interviews, random "a la japonaise" articles (like 10 pages about the ASCII-infant LogIn's tsucool series, what a wonderful world), some technical stuff.
The CD countains ASCII/Enterbrain/Project Egg infamous "all in one" emulation solutions : raped freeware emus with a single encrypted disk image and barely no configuration options. So you shouldn't get them hoping some new updated emulator ;)
The PDF manuals are really the best thing (though it was a bit striking to have only the first gen PC-8001 tech manuals on the PC-8801 CD-ROM). Lovely scanning work.

Never read the Kadokawa one, but knowing the company, that shouldn't be much different from the ASCII ones ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2008, 6:32 pm 

Danjuro wrote:
raped freeware emus with a single encrypted disk image and barely no configuration options. So you shouldn't get them hoping some new updated emulator ;)

I was afraid of something like this, that's why I asked, but maybe I should give it a try because of those PDF manuals.

PostPosted: June 19th, 2009, 3:56 pm 

doris564 wrote:
Before unpacking your wedding dres, make sure that you have a clean, uncluttered area in which to spread the white wedding dress out away from food, pens, children, pets etc. Your hands should be clean and dry, and it's wise to remove any jewellery that could snag the fabric of the wedding dress. Ideally, wear fine cotton gloves when handing or moving the plus size wedding dresses

uhm, Ben, time to update the AntiSpam!

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2009, 7:16 am 
Site Admin

Oh jeez not again ...