Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:13 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: August 2nd, 2009, 5:49 am 

Hello, I recently joined this forum since I saw some very interesting discussions of X68000 disc images and with a lot of mention of the newer TOSEC sets. Some years ago, I did a lot of work on the X68000 collection for TOSEC. The set went from around 1000 files, many of which were named incorrectly, to over 4000 files with close to correct names (I hope).

After releasing such a huge improvement to the existing TOSEC set, the reaction online, from what I could find on google, was underwhelming to say the least. For a few years, I still saw new messages being posted to message boards where people were still saying that the TOSEC set missed a huge amount of games and that the files were badly named.

It finally seems on this forum at least that people have not only caught up with my work on X68000 for TOSEC but even have found errors on some discs and have some new disc images not included in my set.

Goals for future TOSEC revisions of X68000:
(1) Put the HDF (hard drive images) back into the TOSEC set after they were removed by another person who made some changes to my TOSEC work after I left TOSEC for awhile.

(2) Split commercial and doujin games into two separate dats.

(3) Learn which games in the existing TOSEC set do not work correctly and try to get working disc images. Someone reported that Hydlide 3 doesn't function correctly and posted working disc images which have since been deleted from the one-click host that they were shared on.

(4) Learn how to put run games using ぺけーBASIC onto disc images and get them to run. There are some doujin games shared online that use ぺけーBASIC but I could never get those to run.

(5) Discuss known missing files and try to get them online. I made a html file ago after I finished my previous work for TOSEC. This is the result. Please take a look.
http://mek1tosec.angelfire.com/missing_or_problems.htm
I based my work on various online lists of games and softwares. I listed which files were missing. I also wrote some notes about files that seem to have some problems. I know there are more missing commercial games too. A person here mentioned the three newest released commercial games, none of which are in the TOSEC set called 櫻の杜 ~さくらのもり~ Sakura no mori (Active Software), プリンセスメーカー Princess Maker (New),
and ROAD BLASTER (Jitensyasougyou). If anyone has these games on my html list or other games not in TOSEC, please share them. As for doujin games, it will very difficult to even know about the existence of some of them so it's practically impossible to get them all. But I want to get as many as I can find and put them into TOSEC.

(6) Buy actual X68000 games and generate disc images and CD images of missing games or other software. I plan on doing this sometime in the near future. I know how to purchase from Japanese sites like yahoo auctions so I know I can get some of the missing things this way. I'd rather download as much as possible for free before trying to buy anything though.

For everyone who can help me, please do. I love the X68000 computer and think working on it for TOSEC was very enjoyable. I plan to also work on PC98 in the near future for TOSEC as well. A huge amount of software is not present in the TOSEC set for that computer!

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 4th, 2009, 7:23 pm 

It is the following software that I do not own in the website that you showed.

Alicetachi No Go Go Part 1
Apple Club 1
Kindan No Paradise
Tenkyuuhai Special Tougen No Utage II
Dragon Knight 4 Special Disk
Houma Hunter Lime 4,5,7,8,9,10,12
Wrestle Angels 2
R.C. Robot Construction Shuu + alpha Vol.5-9

I own it other than it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Campaign ban Daisenryaku II Tsuika Map
Bretonne Lais Scenario Shuu 3

X68000 version is not released.
It can use PC-98 version.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you use 'WINNY', you can get it.

ZarkLegend Special

Soft De Hard Na Monogatari II

Master Of Monsters2

I think that these software is not found on the Internet.

Albion

Alfaim
Alfame is not RPG. It is ADV.

The Super Las Vegas 2

Spindizzy 2

Phantasie III The Wrath Of Nikademus

Be Rain

D.O. Doki Doki Disk Vol.2,Vol.3,Vol.5

Ani Mahjongg V3

Ayumichan Monogatari & Hint Disk

Tenshitachi No Gogo 3,4,6
[Tenshitachi No Gogo 3] Right indication is not possible with the emulator.

Hacchake Ayatosan 3

Bishoujo Daizukan

Sorry. I cannot upload these images now.

PostPosted: August 5th, 2009, 11:13 am 

mek1 wrote:

After releasing such a huge improvement to the existing TOSEC set, the reaction online, from what I could find on google, was underwhelming to say the least. For a few years, I still saw new messages being posted to message boards where people were still saying that the TOSEC set missed a huge amount of games and that the files were badly named.

Yeah, it probably took a long time till the new one "came through".
Some people have probably been talking out of their ass anyway. I'm glad it was enjoyable for you to work on it, thanks for your effort. I'll be sure to direct you to any missing stuff I come across.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 5th, 2009, 5:46 pm 

Can anyone get the games that require ぺけ-BASIC (Pekee BASIC) to run from this page?

http://www.fsinet.or.jp/~tau/x68/x68_lib.htm

For example, the game called In the Water requires Pekee BASIC and I cannot get it to work. I open the lzh file into a folder. In the folder, I put COMMAND.X, FLOAT2.X, IOCS.X, ZMUSIC.X, and XB.R. I then run the following commands in this order:

FLOAT2
IOCS
ZMUSIC
XB -cITW.CNF ITW_MAIN.BAS

The instructions for the game say to run this command like this but the game doesn't start. I have the same problem with all of the other games that need Pekee BASIC on this website.

If you know how to run a game that requires Pekee BASIC, please tell me.