after reading page 1,it's clearly a pc88 game
weird :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 6th, 2010, 11:03 pm 

Oh,The zain soft is my favorite maker.

Toriton looks like Hydelide is famous.

I don't know such a many soft.

Bastard SP is known for me.

but Bastard SP manual and way for playing is not known for me.

help me,the kind people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 20th, 2011, 10:41 am 

Some notes on Valusa no Fukushuu:

I have aquired a shitload of old Japanese PC magazines, and Valusa no Fukushuu was actually extensively advertised in Comptiq for about 5 months in a row with big 2 page advertisements. Interestingly, the screenshots in the first advertisement show a wonderboy in monster land style paperdoll system, with the character wearing different armors and wielding different weapons. Subsequent ads reverted to a single sprite for the main character like the final version, however the sprite is different with the guy wearing purple armor. There is also a super cool massive screen filling boss in a screenshot that ISNT IN THE FINAL GAME.

In fact, the games own box has inconsistencies with what the game looks like http://gyusyabu.ddo.jp/MP3/1990/BARU1/PAC.gif

The 2 screenshots on the left are the old version with the purple armor wearing hero sprite. Its hard to see in this scan, but there is also a 'gold' counter in the top right which was also removed in the final game.

Its annoying to think how much better the game could have been if the game kept its original design with the changeable weapons and armor, and kept the unused enemies and bosses. The situation with Zain Soft must've been really bad at the end there if they had to completely strip the game down and release such a mess.

Bizarrely, Reinforcer (Zain Soft's final game released about a month after Valusa) is surprising polished. In the magazines however it got barely any advertisements compared to Valusa.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 20th, 2011, 12:16 pm 

Yeah, Reinforcer is by far my favourite Zain Soft game.
It has a ton of heavy metal/rock references, stuff like:
"Iron Maiden is heaviest group / Guns n Roses is wildest group"
Apparently someone in the development team was a big metal head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 20th, 2011, 1:57 pm 

Yeah those references are funny.

Also Reinforcer is heavily inspired by Sega's Crack Down. Just compare the intro's of both games, and also the game visuals, especially the stage with the cars everywhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2012, 10:45 pm 

Macaw wrote:
Some notes on Valusa no Fukushuu:

I have aquired a shitload of old Japanese PC magazines, and Valusa no Fukushuu was actually extensively advertised in Comptiq for about 5 months in a row with big 2 page advertisements. Interestingly, the screenshots in the first advertisement show a wonderboy in monster land style paperdoll system, with the character wearing different armors and wielding different weapons. Subsequent ads reverted to a single sprite for the main character like the final version, however the sprite is different with the guy wearing purple armor. There is also a super cool massive screen filling boss in a screenshot that ISNT IN THE FINAL GAME.

In fact, the games own box has inconsistencies with what the game looks like http://gyusyabu.ddo.jp/MP3/1990/BARU1/PAC.gif

The 2 screenshots on the left are the old version with the purple armor wearing hero sprite. Its hard to see in this scan, but there is also a 'gold' counter in the top right which was also removed in the final game.

Its annoying to think how much better the game could have been if the game kept its original design with the changeable weapons and armor, and kept the unused enemies and bosses. The situation with Zain Soft must've been really bad at the end there if they had to completely strip the game down and release such a mess.

Bizarrely, Reinforcer (Zain Soft's final game released about a month after Valusa) is surprising polished. In the magazines however it got barely any advertisements compared to Valusa.

You know, being able to hold more then one weapon at a time would have been super usefull as you wouldn't end up in an unwinable situation if you happened to instinctively not pick up the sword in the penultimate level due to how much it sucks. I beat the whole game up to the final boss with the shuriken-thing and then I got to Baruusa/Valusa and it's literaly impossible to hit him with that at all....and if you die you get to continue at the begining of the last level, which does not have the sword, meaning you have to restart the entiere game (including the nearly impossible level 2).

Also, any chance you could scan us a pic of this unused boss ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2012, 9:28 am 

Did you ever find the ultimate sword in the game? Its in a secret area in one of the last stages and there is a cutscene when you find it...

The game is filled with little secrets like this (one of the reasons I keep coming back to it apart from the cool bosses) Theres also the mysterious rocking chest in the graveyard stage...

I do plan to scan all the advertisements from the magazines soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2012, 12:29 pm 

Macaw wrote:
Did you ever find the ultimate sword in the game? Its in a secret area in one of the last stages and there is a cutscene when you find it...

The game is filled with little secrets like this (one of the reasons I keep coming back to it apart from the cool bosses) Theres also the mysterious rocking chest in the graveyard stage...

I do plan to scan all the advertisements from the magazines soon.

No, I never realy across it. But then again, the flying flame guys and fire spiting flower things on ledges above lava kind of desired my atention. You couldn't be a little more specific about the location ?

Oh and what rocking chest ? Also, when you replay it, how exactly do you get past level 2 ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2012, 12:34 pm 

In the stage with the fire guys, you have to move through a wall on the left.

The strange chest in the graveyard stage is hidden at the end of a series of high platforms. It has a projectile flame weapon in it.

There is only one normal way to clear stage 2, sparingly use the wave flame shots to get through the enemies and reach the enemy that drops the knife, at which point the game balance becomes a lot more 'normal' in my opinion. You gotta wonder what on earth the designers were thinking when they designed stage 2...

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2012, 12:38 pm 

Macaw wrote:
In the stage with the fire guys, you have to move through a wall on the left.

The strange chest in the graveyard stage is hidden at the end of a series of high platforms. It has a projectile flame weapon in it.

There is only one normal way to clear stage 2, sparingly use the wave flame shots to get through the enemies and reach the enemy that drops the knife, at which point the game balance becomes a lot more 'normal' in my opinion. You gotta wonder what on earth the designers were thinking when they designed stage 2...

I spent like two hours with frantic savestating just to get halfway through to the knife.

And this wouldn't be as annoying if anything died in one hit, or there at least weren't as many health decreases.

Btw: have you ever attempted this in hard mode ? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2012, 12:47 pm 

The knife can be reached with little trouble if the 2 flame shots are used strategically.

And yeah, I do plan to clear it on hard mode eventually, heh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2012, 12:49 pm 

Macaw wrote:
The knife can be reached with little trouble if the 2 flame shots are used strategically.

And yeah, I do plan to clear it on hard mode eventually, heh.

Send me the adress of the bin they send you to after you're done :P

(JK, but damn, I would never attempt that myself)

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 15th, 2012, 4:30 pm 

Sorry for the double, but I was wondering, does anyone know what the "Holy Grail" game's about ? I found it under "action", so is it something you can play without knowledge of japanese ?