Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:36 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: April 21st, 2010, 12:46 pm 

I made the request of SSF2 on undergroundgamer few weeks ago, the first upload was SF2 (the author of the upload thought was SSF2, argh) then I downloaded the real SSF2 last week posted by another user. I do not know if this upload is yours, in any case if so then thank you twice, once for the upload here and once for sending it to undergroundgamer. Thank you!!!!! :D
(I do not know if I can post the undergroundgamer torrent-link here)

btw, any news about Ghosts 'n Goblins (Makaimura) ??

tnx! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 21st, 2010, 2:03 pm 

I don't believe it exists. It doesn't appear in my release list. Probably only ported to Japanese 8bit computers, we're also still missing the X1 and Fm7 versions around here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 21st, 2010, 6:43 pm 

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IFGAIPZ8

Alternate link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?jgwzughjmjm

A big pack of X68000 shooters, I think there are about a hundred or so in it - along with a few other nice games. Includes rarer stuff like the R+R demo, Plin etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 21st, 2010, 7:14 pm 

I noticed it on the wikipedia article about Makaimura, but I trust you more than that wikipedia :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 22nd, 2010, 6:01 pm 

Especially since that article does hardly contain any references for it's platform information. :wink:

Here did somebody confuse X1 with X68000
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Zone

And I recall there was an article about a game where somebody wrote that it could only run at 31 FPS because the x68000 could only do 31 Hz or something like that. Whoever wrote that, apparently misunderstood something about "31 KHz".

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 1st, 2010, 8:00 pm 

Turrican^ wrote:
I made the request of SSF2 on undergroundgamer few weeks ago, the first upload was SF2 (the author of the upload thought was SSF2, argh) then I downloaded the real SSF2 last week posted by another user. I do not know if this upload is yours, in any case if so then thank you twice, once for the upload here and once for sending it to undergroundgamer. Thank you!!!!! :D
(I do not know if I can post the undergroundgamer torrent-link here)

btw, any news about Ghosts 'n Goblins (Makaimura) ??

tnx! :D

I am the one who uploaded ssf2 in underground-gamer so it won't be lost

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2010, 11:32 pm 

I'm under the impression that Ghosts & Goblins was never released for the X68000.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 6th, 2010, 8:16 am 

http://rapidshare.com/files/384098594/K ... or.7Z.html

This is a dump of Ultimate X68000 Emulator, the cover CD from a Japanese book about the X68000 that was released shortly after the OS, BIOS and Zoom's game library were liberated.

The CD contains, among other games, AMS-2 and several other titles by Twinkle Soft that are not in the TOSEC and were assumed undumped.

Oddly enough, it appears that Twinkle Soft had these games up on it's official site. The site went down so long ago that nobody thought to save the games when they were up; the CD is the only place to find them now.

AMS-2 suffers from an utterly baffling bug; it will work in emulators but NOT on real hardware. Either it's a zany copy-protection mixup (doubtful as copy protection is unheard of on doujin games) or the game was clumsily patched to work around an emulator bug and the patch broke the game on real hardware. It either needs to be fixed somehow, or a real copy of the disk needs to be found in the wild.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 6th, 2010, 8:29 am 
Site Admin

Thanks !

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 6th, 2010, 1:37 pm 

>>papa_novemeber

The download limit was reached on your rapidshare post. Can you please reupload it. I want to add the files to TOSEC.

Among the games in the Makaimura series, only Daimakaimura was released on X68000.

Daimakaimura (1994)(Capcom)(Disk 1 of 2)(System).zip
Daimakaimura (1994)(Capcom)(Disk 2 of 2)(Data).zip

Spindizzy II is in the new TOSEC set.

>> Turrican^

I restored the the hard disk image of Super Street Fighter 2 in the new Tosec set. I don't have the floppy discs though and so they aren't in TOSEC at this time.

>> Oli_lar

The video of Deadly Edge is posted by the actual creator of the game. The creator probably has not released the disk image and only keeps it for himself. I think we have to buy and dump the game in order to have it for ourselves. I think the same is true for R+R.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 6th, 2010, 5:27 pm 

Do you know if Deadly Edge is available to buy then? Directly from the creator?

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 6th, 2010, 7:16 pm 

mek1 wrote:
>>papa_novemeber

The download limit was reached on your rapidshare post. Can you please reupload it. I want to add the files to TOSEC.

Sure:
http://www.mediafire.com/?nqvyxhyijmx

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 10th, 2010, 1:19 am 

>> papa_november

Thank you very much for the repost. I've added the additional files into the latest TOSEC set, 2010-05-09. These additional files from the Kyuukyoku CD may be downloaded here.
http://rapidshare.com/files/385473309/S ... -05-09.rar

Also, is this Kyuukyoku CD a CD-Rom made for the X68000 or the PC and MAC? I notice that it deals mostly with emulating the x68000, so I haven't attempted to add it to the TOSEC set.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 12th, 2010, 1:36 am 

I'm looking for Human68k 3.02, not the free one available on retropc (which lacks DB.X, the debugger.)

Anyone who has that image is willing to upload it? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Maybe the free image has db.x and I'm stupid. Please give some directions if that's the case (:

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 12th, 2010, 3:43 am 

mek1 wrote:
Also, is this Kyuukyoku CD a CD-Rom made for the X68000 or the PC and MAC? I notice that it deals mostly with emulating the x68000, so I haven't attempted to add it to the TOSEC set.

It seems primarily intended for PC/MAC.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next