Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 10:24 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: July 21st, 2007, 10:34 am 

hello. yes some people but not anyone related in occident, have added a double 3,5" floppy drive to their existing x68000 5,25" and it's the case on the best 68030 in standard.

as i will have a real x68000 in some months.. i try find real answers, but that seems very very hard to get informations, even in japanese i dont find something good enough. so there's no tricky way ?

(it's because too of reliability of 5,25, they are old drives, floppies are hard to find in 1,2mb !!), and apart installing some games on scsi hard drive (another problem where i will try getting answers...), these x68000 becoming too old...

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 22nd, 2007, 1:37 am 

well.. I guess it's the same as with IBM-PCs.. uses the same connection for 5.25 and 3.5 in. Floppy drive, just uses different shape of connector (If you look at an old IBM-PC Floppy wire, you'll know what I mean)

Again, it's just a guess. Maybe it does not work just like that. Probably it will not be too far from that idea.

Anyway, good luck man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 22nd, 2007, 8:06 am 

hi, yes the shape is identical, but it would be too much easy if it worked right away. as msx/amstrad can use too 3,5" floppies but there's always a trick to find in the connector pinouts !

i hope finding again the information i saw on a japanese site where they precised pinouts of the 5,25" x68000 system... but i searched and lost so much on the japanese web without understanding a word, i dont remember where i started

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 27th, 2008, 8:44 pm 

i work on this moment on an external 3,5 floppy drive for the moment i have no real result but it's really difficult tou find information about that also if you have some like jpanees or best english can you put here thanks in advance