Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 1:10 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Various Emulator Help!
PostPosted: May 17th, 2016, 1:33 pm 

Hey everyone.

Hope im not intruding on your forums but im in need of abit of help regarding documentation of three different japanese emulators.

X millennium ver.0.60
1.) Command line support? does this emulator support any? like mounting floppies, fullscreen augmentation, ect?
2.) Is it possible to set the option of "Device -> Keyboard" to "Device -> JoyKey1/2" into the ini settings so the emulator dosnt default back to keyboard on each reset?

FM-7 XM7 (V3.4L77)
1.) Command line support? does this emulator support any? like mounting floppies, fullscreen augmentation, ect?

Neko Project II x64 ver0.86:
1.) Command line support? does this emulator support any? like mounting floppies/harddisk images, fullscreen augmentation, ect?
2.) Im trying to get Rusty to play on Neko Project but so far i've been unable to get Neko Project to play ball with the HDI image, i know the HDI image works as i've had it run under a different emulator but being partial to Neko Project, id like to get it to run on it instead.

This is the error that the emulator gives me but since i cannot read japanese, i dont know whats wrong.

Again, i hope i've posted this in the right section and kept within your rules of conduct and thank you Ben for activating my account.
Regards: Dybdal

PostPosted: May 17th, 2016, 6:25 pm 

These emulators are designed to use the GUI and not the command line with parameter support.
For the command line I suggest to use MAME/MESS because some of these Japanese computers are already supported (either more or less).

About the GDC problem:
Reset NP2 while holding down the End key on the keyboard so that BIOS appears, select the second option and set the GDC to 2.5 MHz.

PostPosted: May 18th, 2016, 12:47 am 

Thank you so much Anna' for the help & answers you have provided.
And thank you for the advice on M.E.S.S. i'll take alook at it when i have the time, for now this will do well enough.
Mainly using them to get a trip down memory lane as i spent 1½ years in Osaka many years ago with my dad, never learned the language but i did spend alot of time playing slipheed, something i've allways wanted to re-vist.

Thank you again. it means the world to me.

PostPosted: May 19th, 2016, 7:34 pm 

Hey everyone!
Got another two questions regarding the three emulators im using.

1.) When using emulators that has the backend of the common source code project (i think thats whats its called) is there anyway to alter the keys used when turning on JoyKey1/2? or are the buttons coded into the souce code it self and thus not able to alter unless altred in the source code? (the two emulators im using are from the common source code project are: X-Millenium & Neko Project II x64)
2.) XM7dash has joystick support as far as i can gleem with my broken japanese understanding but i dont really understand how it works, is it possible to get JoyStick support within XM7dash? eighter keyboard emulated or though windows?

Hope someone knows the answer to this and hope im not being a nuisance by asking.
Regards: Dybdal

PostPosted: May 20th, 2016, 7:16 am 

X-Millenium & Neko Project II has nothing to do with the Common Source Code Project.
Common Source Code Project = Takeda-San
X-Millenium & Neko Project II = Yui-San
XM7dash - based on XM7 (PI./Ryu)= Toma-San

Of course, XM7dash support the Joystick.
Default the Joystick support is disabled (Not use).