Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:10 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: October 25th, 2016, 1:28 am 

Thanks for making the world of PC98 a bit more accessible to the masses.

PostPosted: October 28th, 2016, 6:35 pm 

kobushi wrote:
The Neo Kobe PC-9801 set is starting to shape up, so I am releasing a beta preview.

https://mega.nz/#F!jIgkXQDY!hE3FQNWl77DkzKErGdz35g

This represents the first 10% or so of the complete collection. As more files are scrubbed and organized, I will gradually add them to this beta set until the entire collection is available. Software will be added more or less alphabetically by publisher. Right now, the beta set goes from 13cm to Bonbee Bon Bon, and Bothtec is coming up next.

Files are being hosted on Mega for now, because the Internet Archive's editing interface is somewhat cumbersome. In the future, the completed PC-9801 collection will be available on the Internet Archive along with the other Neo Kobe sets.

This is a beta release, so be warned:
- These files may be renamed, moved, or removed at any time
- Manuals and box scans are generally not included yet
- Requests for specific games not yet uploaded will be ignored. Everything that can be sourced will be available eventually. Please be patient.

The majority of floppy disk images are in HDM format, which is a raw headerless format suitable for preservation. HDM files are supported in the major PC-9801 emulators (Anex86, T98-Next, np2 family). Disks with weird sector layouts and non-DOS-based formatting cannot be converted to HDM, and so NFD is used instead. NFD disk images are supported in T98-Next and recent versions of np2fmgen. Hard disk images are in HDI format. Most games have been reinstalled with optimized settings and are configured to boot directly into the game (no more cracktros or "Yam's Rance World").

Feedback is highly appreciated. If you notice any mistakes in the filenames, or if you encounter trouble with any of the disks, please post about it here.

Enjoy! 8)

Just one question, on PC-8801 collection how many CD games are there?
*And about the upcoming PC-9801 collection how many CD games you have out there? (seen the beta archives and found some ones I already had)

Thank you.
-rockleevk

PostPosted: October 28th, 2016, 9:35 pm 

CD games for PC-8801? The only two of note are Mirrors (which is included), and the CD-ROM version of Dios (which is not).
Beyond that, there's just the PC-8801MC Takarabako sampler CD, and a few floppy disk games that can play BGM from a CD, like Duel and Nobunaga no Yabou.

For PC-9801, I estimate we have about 150 CD images.

PostPosted: November 10th, 2016, 6:05 am 

PC-9801 update.

New folders:
East Cube
Ecseco Soft
Effat
Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts Victor
elf
Enix
Epic
Ext

The letter E is done!

PostPosted: November 10th, 2016, 7:05 pm 

so much better organized than all the stuff on my hd. thank you guys so much for compiling this :)

PostPosted: November 12th, 2016, 12:13 pm 

Thanks for the update :)

Just one thing... all the latest folders/files seem to be "undecrypted" and not accessable (D onwards)

Further to this problem.. other people seem to be having the same problem on other Mega accounts...

Maybe they have changed their settings again?

From what I have heard.. a possible solution to the problem is to refresh the shared links :D

PostPosted: November 14th, 2016, 7:10 am 

I used a different web browser to access the set without logging in, and was able to download a few files without any problems. Strange.

I also clicked on "Update link", but the link is still the same as before (https://mega.nz/#F!jIgkXQDY!hE3FQNWl77DkzKErGdz35g).

If it still doesn't work for you, I guess I can try temporarily de-sharing and re-sharing the set. Maybe that will generate a new working link.

PostPosted: November 18th, 2016, 2:06 pm 

Wanted to chime in and say that you're doing a damn fine job with this and it's much appreciated.

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2016, 12:31 am 

I second that kuoushi :D

Clicked on the link just now and it seems to be fine now.. must have just been a hiccup on mega's side. I know it wasn't just me as it was happening to quite a few people... anyway... as i said.. ok now :)

PostPosted: December 1st, 2016, 11:18 pm 

PC-9801 update.

New folders:
Fairy Dust
Fairytale
Fairytale Hardcover
Fairytale Red-Zone
Fairytale X Shitei

PostPosted: December 9th, 2016, 11:24 pm 

Thanks so much for all of your help on this! This is a wonderful archive and it will make many of these titles so much more approachable for folks that want to find a specific title to test out and play.

I'm wondering if you've managed to get a full set of Kogado in the unsorted archive?

-Thomas

PostPosted: December 14th, 2016, 4:39 am 

There still can be some bad dumps in this collection (like there are some in X68000 TOSEC). For example, I couldn't save in my version of Crowd's Fukushuu in all emulators and got HDI version from Archive (yes, yes, I can see there is CD version as well). And it seems to be uncompletable (on good ending, at least). So perhaps it's worth trying to find FDI version of Fukushuu, reinstall it and substitute that bad HD image.

PostPosted: December 20th, 2016, 3:41 am 

SkyeWelse wrote:
I'm wondering if you've managed to get a full set of Kogado in the unsorted archive?

Still need to test, but yest, I think we have at least one copy of everything from Kogado.

PostPosted: December 20th, 2016, 4:23 am 

--Eiesoldar-- wrote:
There still can be some bad dumps in this collection (like there are some in X68000 TOSEC). For example, I couldn't save in my version of Crowd's Fukushuu in all emulators and got HDI version from Archive (yes, yes, I can see there is CD version as well). And it seems to be uncompletable (on good ending, at least). So perhaps it's worth trying to find FDI version of Fukushuu, reinstall it and substitute that bad HD image.

Thank you for noticing this problem Eiesoldar.

It's not a bad dump. The HDI in the set was created by executing the regular install routine on the CD.
As it turns out, the game is not Y2K-compliant :mrgreen:
To save the game, you have to set the system date to before the year 2000.

I have uploaded a new test version of the HDI into the Crowd\Fukushuu folder. This version sets the date to 1990 automatically before launching the game.
You should be able to save now. Could you test to see if the game is completeable now?

PostPosted: December 21st, 2016, 11:06 pm 

Quote:
You should be able to save now. Could you test to see if the game is completeable now?
I tested the game and completed one of "good" routes, it works, thanks a lot! I'll get the remaining endings as well later.

In fact, I remember some more PC98 VNs I couldn't save in. For example, Birdy Soft's Maten Gakuen, so I'll try to launch it after setting the "right" time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next