Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 6:02 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: January 21st, 2014, 6:16 am 

This is a long shot, but I thought I'd might as well post this here in case anyone has experience with X68000 power supply/battery issues.

System worked perfectly for years, then I left it storage for about two years, still powers up fine, but now I always get the error "エラーが発生しました。リセットしてください。" ("An error occurred. Please reset.") when I power it up. I've gotten this error plenty of times before, and usually just resetting the system would allow it to boot normally. Now it just gives me the error message no matter how many times I reset. Holding the "Opt.1" key to force a boot from floppy doesn't work either. Floppy drives seem fine. They still insert and eject perfectly, but the system will not attempt to boot from floppy.

I still have all original parts on the system and have never had the power supply or SRAM battery replaced. I read on a Japanese site that this could be an issue with the SRAM battery. I have found places online I can obtain a suitable replacement battery, but is replacing the battery alone to make it work? Wouldn't the SRAM still have to be flashed or reset somehow to factory defaults? And how would I do that without being able to boot from a floppy, because my understanding is that on the ACE you cannot flash the SRAM without a floppy.

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2014, 3:14 am 

Thanks to SuperDeadite for answering on pcenginefx.com. He says.

"Remove the battery, let the system sit unpowered a few days to clear out the corruption. Then it should work fine again. If not you have other issues..."