Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:27 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: February 17th, 2012, 7:13 pm 

Hi everyone! This is my first post to this forum, so nice to meet you all! Anyway, myself and a friend of mine are currently in the last stages of putting together an adapter to use PS/2 keyboards on an FM77AV series computer. We already have a working adapter that does a-z, 0-1, enter, and some symbol keys. My friend is now working on coding the final software revision that will include the full keyboard layout. Once it is done, we are going to make some boards and have them for sale to anyone who is interested. So, here is my question to you all. Who out there has an FM77AV that needs a keyboard? Even if you have an FM77AV that has a keyboard, it still might be a good idea to get one, since the original keyboards are known to be of spotty quality. The adapter works with any FM77AV series machine, from the original FM77AV all the way to the FM77AV40SX. As of now it is only for using keyboards in a wired configuration, the wireless option of the original FM77AV keyboard is not currently implemented, but perhaps it will be in the future if someone who has one can record the IR signals for us. So lets hear it, who's interested?

PostPosted: February 17th, 2012, 7:56 pm 
Site Admin

I admire this endeavour. Have you considered sending this to Hack a Day ?