Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:53 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: January 24th, 2012, 10:24 pm 

Hello all, just registered because i encountered some problems regarding japanese machines and found posts with answers here, so i tought it could be more interesting joining the forum and participate more directly. I have been a fan of japanese computers since many years, but sadly, the only machine i can have now fo real is my trusty msx. An x68000 is really expensive at this time, and i have to rely on emulation.
I use mainly Mac Osx, but also, have a virtualized winxp under parallels for those emus that are better under win. One problem i'm having right now is that i want to run xm6 typeG, because its said it has improvement over graphics, and maybe it could solve one of the isues i'm having right now.
Is possible to get the scrren in xm6 bigger?. Wether i put fullscreen or not, it stays the same, and i have search every menu, but found nothing.
The same problem is happening with neko project 2 for pc98. I can't get a bigger size than the small window it runs on.
Anyone knows of a solution to this problem, or are this machines too complex that it can't be their screens scalated like in other machines?.
Thanks in advance!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 25th, 2012, 12:33 am 

Use the Stretch option (and if you want in conjunction with FullScreen)

View>Stretch

Available sizes are 1.0x (default), 1.5x, 2.0x, and 0.5x (smaller than original)

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 25th, 2012, 1:43 pm 

Thanks for the reply. I already use the stretch option, but it doesn't get too big.
This is in xm6 2.05. On typeG, every time i try to run it, it says something about bad installed application, and won't go any further.
I have put the xm6 standard dll in the folder of typeG, but still it doesn't run.
Is there something special about typeG that has to be installed?. I'm trying with the file from the author's page.
I tried to search via google about this issue, but not found anything. Anybody experienced such a crash?.
Thanks!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 25th, 2012, 4:01 pm 

The MFC71.DLL is not neccesary for XM6 TypeG (it is statically linked), but you need the BIOS files (CGROM.DAT and IPLROM.DAT), otherwise you'll get the message "Initializating the virtual machine is failed" ("The virtual machine failed to initializate", in english)

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 25th, 2012, 9:05 pm 

I have the rom files already (cgrom.dat & iplrom.dat). I always get an error saying something about application problem and the reinstall of the application could solve it, or so says. But it happens with all .exe files i have tried so far, so i think that the file is ok, but it isn't working for something strange.
I downloaded the .zip from the author page.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 26th, 2012, 12:50 am 

Copy that, I also have the exact same problem with TypeG. Does it need a multithreaded core or what?

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 26th, 2012, 3:34 am 

cpt. Misumaru Tenchi wrote:
Copy that, I also have the exact same problem with TypeG. Does it need a multithreaded core or what?

No, I have a single core CPU. Try this package.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 26th, 2012, 5:14 am 

Thanks, but it's still the same. I've tried downloading TypeG from 30 or so different sources, different builds. The result is always the same: TypeG completely refuses to work, to even start on my machine, for some mysterious and unknown reasons. And it looks like I'm not the only one. Maybe it uses some processor instructions which my very old CPU doesn't support? This is the main reason why Koumajou Densetsu 2 from 2011 refuses to start, although the rest of the requirements have been met, while Koumajou Densetsu from 2010 works fine with its higher(!) requirements (dual core 2,2 GHz versus my single core 1,3 GHz).
Not a big deal, I wasn't even seriously thinking of using it in the first place. :D

Last edited by cpt. Misumaru Tenchi on January 26th, 2012, 5:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 26th, 2012, 5:34 am 

Thanks, but it's still the same. I've tried downloading TypeG from 30 or so different sources, different builds. The result is always the same: TypeG completely refuses to work, to even start on my machine, for some mysterious and unknown reasons. And it looks like I'm not the only one. Not a big deal, I wasn't even seriously thinking of using it in the first place. :D

Then it's DLL related. XM6 uses VC++7.1 libraries, while XM6g uses VC++8.

Try installing this and tell me if it works.
Or, if you don't feel like installing something from a forum user, here's the link to Microsoft web:
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... g=en&id=29

Last edited by wushu on January 26th, 2012, 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 26th, 2012, 5:38 am 

Unfortunately, it didn't change anything.
I trust you, why shouldn't I?

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 26th, 2012, 5:51 am 

Unfortunately, it didn't change anything.
Edit: I trust you, why shouldn't I?

I didn't mean in a wrong way, heh. Since it's just a mirror I figured it would be convenient to post the original file as well.

Sorry to hear that it didn't work.
If you write in a command line while the program is running,

tasklist /m /fi "imagename eq XM6g.exe"

it shows all the dependancies of said program, relevant ones I saw were MFC80.DLL and MSVCR80.DLL, while normal XM6 uses MFC71.DLL and MSVCR71.DLL. That's why I thought that was the cause.

EDIT: I forgot that it also uses d3d8thk.dll and d3d9.dll, a DirectX 9 library. Maybe reinstalling latest DX9 will solve the problem. (Original XM6 doesn't use it, these 4 dll are the only differences in libraries used, related to what version of VC++ GIMMONS used to build XM6g.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 26th, 2012, 6:05 am 

Thanks for your concern. "Normal" XM6 isn't saving to floppies like WinX68k, so I doubt TypeG would do it. And this was the main reason for me to check it out, so rather no big loss. Also I have the latest DirectX - installed it during "why-this-stupid-Koumajou-doesn't-want-to-work" craze.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 26th, 2012, 2:42 pm 

Thanks for the tips, wushu. It's very strange the behaviour of this program. It crashes on me, but on other people's machines it works. Seems that i will need to try win68khighspeed. Is the resolution changeable on this emu?. Also, it's problematic on games?.
Thanks in advance!!!