Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:14 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: January 5th, 2012, 9:24 am 

In my recent thread about Blade of the Great Elements I linked to this thread http://read2ch.com/r/download/1316836041/

In the same post where a guy uploads a screen of Blade of the Great Elements in an emu he also uploaded a screen of The Last Tempest running in an emu.

The Last Tempest is a 1995 doujin game for the x68k with superb production values that easily rival the commercial games. The biblical theme of the game looks awesome and the music is superb, the original composer has uploaded the music on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2CRnvLp ... Qk3Qmk13MQ

Its also hard to tell what kind of action game it is from that one screenshot apart from the fact its isometric.

Anyway, there are actually disc images of the game available on the net pretty easily that have been around for a few years, but I cant seem to get the game working with them. In Winx68k the game stops after the intro text, but in the recently released XM6 TypeG emu the game gets to the title screen before going back to command prompt and saying something about disc protection and installing to HD.

Can someone figure out how to get it working? I really hope its not a problem with the discs.

For anyone thats interested, Google 'last tempest emuparadise' for the disc images.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2012, 12:31 pm 

Looks interesting. I do wonder what you're supposed to be controling though.

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2013, 1:29 am 

Bumping this thread to see if anyone can figure this out. Its a pity that the screenshot I linked to has now been taken down, now there isn't a single proper screenshot of the game online!

Disk images: http://www.sendspace.com/file/mq8ne5

It appears the disk images are copy protected somehow. Here is the message that is displayed when trying to run the game:

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2013, 1:38 am 

Looks like the copy protection needs to be cracked before it can run on an emulator. Otherwise you're going to need the original disk and hardware. The message says that even if you do an HD install, it will still need the original disk in the drive when you start the game.

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2013, 1:43 am 

I wonder how hard it is to crack :?

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2013, 1:48 am 

I found a thumbnail of the old screenshot in the google cache, but the fullsize image is gone.

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2013, 1:52 am 

I've never done a crack, but I understand you need to know a few things about coding in order to do it.
The majority of images you'll find online have been cracked already if there was copy protection.

That image is evidence that someone got it running on an emulator. Perhaps there is a cracked version out there somewhere. Either that or the emulator was somehow able to trick the program into thinking the image was an original disk. Have you tried your image with multiple emulators?

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2013, 1:13 pm 

A very hard copy protection exists in this game.

The following is the movie uploaded before.
http://www1.axfc.net/uploader/O/so/208760.wmv

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2013, 3:06 pm 

Wow thanks Takataka!

The game looks so cool!! The theme is absolutely insane, it looks like you play as a devil and are fighting against the angels. The stage shown in the video starts with you killing a 'good samaritan', followed by killing various 'angel scum' and then 'Lemial Archangel' who's crucified on a cross. The boss fight against the Seraphim is even more impressive. This has got to be one of the most intriguing and cool old pc games I've seen!

The game itself is also so classy and well-made that the subject matter is obviously not cheaply made to be offensive to people, but rather simply because the theme is cool for an action game and allows for lots of interesting graphics and situations and such.

There must to be a way to get this game available to everyone, whether its by finding the cracked version thats obviously being shown in the video, or cracking it ourselves.

So is there anyone else interested in pursuing this? Surely the original author of the game doesn't mind about distributing/cracking the game now? What do you guys think?

PostPosted: January 24th, 2013, 6:48 pm 

SuperDeadite from the Gamengai forum had this to say about the Last Tempest copy protection:

"Ok I played around a bit, and I can tell you the copy protection is tied to the savedata.lt file on the first disk. so if anyone knows how to hack asm, that's where it is"

Any coders around here that are interested enough to have a look at cracking the game?

PostPosted: February 12th, 2013, 7:29 pm 
http://fast-uploader.com/file/6916252803604/

download pass: tokugawa

----HOW TO START the Last tempest-----
Double click the xm6.exe

select the menu "ツール(tool)" and click the submenu "オプション(option)"
select the tab "SASI"

change the numeric value "ドライブ数(the number of the SASI Drive)" to "1"
and you can see the space line in the listbox below.
click the space line and the select "tempest.hdf" with the WindowsFileDialog.

select the menu "ファイル(File)"→"リセット(reset)"
select the menu "ファイル(File)"→"開く(open)"→theLastTempest.XM6

you can see the start menu of this game.
----------

PostPosted: February 18th, 2013, 5:39 am 
http://www.sendspace.com/file/vqw4z8
RACING_CHAMP.zip

1,first protect check point
RC.X address:0x2Ef0
0x6658(BNE)→0x4E71(NOP)

2,second protect check point
RC.X address:0x4B22
0x662A(BNE)→0x4E71(NOP)

PostPosted: February 19th, 2013, 5:25 am 

!!!!! That is incredible delicious!!

Is Last Tempest playable? After following your directions and loading 'theLastTempest.XM6' I can see the demo mode of the game running, but once the game returns to the title screen by pressing Z or X, or by letting the demo mode finish, the game then has this error:

PostPosted: February 19th, 2013, 12:17 pm 

Ok I discovered the problem delicious. When the save state is loaded it automatically changes the SASI drive location back to your drive location when you made the save state.

So to make the game work, you must FIRST load the save state, and then fix the drive location in the tools->options->SASI menu to the location on your computer. Then you can cancel out of the game demo mode and it will work.

I CANNOT THANK YOU ENOUGH delicious for getting past the copy protection and letting everyone be able to play the game, for both The Last Tempest and Racing Champ!!

THANK YOU!!

PostPosted: February 19th, 2013, 1:23 pm 
1,execute the x68000 emulator
and set 2 floppy game disks.

Debug→Break
View →Processor→Break Point
View →Processor→Memory

click the right mouse button on "Break Point"s window→select the "enter address" on the shortcut menu
DD912(xm6 type G) or DD712(xm6 or xm6 pro)
press the OK button.

click the right mouse button on "Memory"s window→select the "enter address" on the shortcut menu
DD912(xm6 type G) or DD712(xm6 or xm6 pro)
press the OK button.

click the right mouse button on "Memory"s window→select the "Word size" on the shortcut menu

Debug→Execute

if the emulator stop,
double click the left mouse button at "DD912","DD914",and "DD916" on "Memory"s window,
and enter the value "4E71".
(change the code "4eb9 000e 0830" to "4E71 4E71 4E71")

click the right mouse button on "Break Point"s window→select the "Erase All".

Debug→Execute

--
Attachment:
無題0.PNG
無題0.PNG [ 98.66 KiB | Viewed 10038 times ]

Attachment:
無題1.PNG
無題1.PNG [ 94.69 KiB | Viewed 10038 times ]

Attachment:
ok.PNG
ok.PNG [ 95.97 KiB | Viewed 10038 times ]

If you save the current state and next time you can pass through this procedure.