Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently April 18th, 2024, 1:03 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: December 24th, 2011, 1:20 pm 

Similar to my thread about PC88 emu's here back before m88 started getting updated again: http://fullmotionvideo.free.fr/forum/vi ... .php?t=930

The x1 emulators are one of the only ones left where you seem to be forced to either play in the tiny window, or go into the changed resolution fullscreen mode which is terrible for widescreen monitors where everything is stretched. Is there a version of Xmillennium or something where you can scale the window to be x2 or x4 or whatever?

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 24th, 2011, 1:51 pm 

Try MESS. It's possible to scale the window there by using the mouse (I'm using MESSUI as frontend, which is apparently unofficial now).

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 24th, 2011, 2:05 pm 

MESS allows you to rescale the window to the size you prefer, but software compatibility is not 100% (but it's been quite some time since I tested X1 games on it, since I've spent most time with pc8801 lately)

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 24th, 2011, 2:07 pm 

Starscream the 2nd wrote:
Try MESS. It's possible to scale the window there by using the mouse (I'm using MESSUI as frontend, which is apparently unofficial now).

we suggest to try QMC2 as a frontend, because it's being actively maintained and developed and it offers a common interface on Win/Mac/*nix

it's different from MESSUI, so at first you might not find options where you would expect, but it's quite intuitive ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 24th, 2011, 2:28 pm 

etabeta wrote:
MESS allows you to rescale the window to the size you prefer, but software compatibility is not 100% (but it's been quite some time since I tested X1 games on it, since I've spent most time with pc8801 lately)

I wouldn't expect perfect compatibility anyway on any emulator. Some games I couldn't get to run on XMillenium work with MESS, so it's use is already justified.

Btw. I send Anna 3 or so additional X1 games some months ago, they don't appear in the ProjectMess listings,so you might want to ask her if you haven't received anything new yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 24th, 2011, 4:16 pm 

I got MESSUI and it runs games great in fullscreen with correct aspect, thanks Starscream and etabeta!

Mostly what I want to run is Euphory, and MESS seems to run it fine (although the music sounds like crap compared to the emulation in Xmillennium, dunno if theres an option to fix that in MESS?)

Theres some control issues I have. If natural keyboard is selected then everything is messed up, but if using an emulated keyboard the game appears to control normally with the numpad and z and x. However, if you hold down 4 or 6 with the numpad to move left or right and you press z to jump then your character will jump normally, but pressing jump again while still holding a movement key doesn't register, you have to let go on a movement key and then press it again to able to jump every time which makes the game somewhat unplayable. Trying to access the joystick config in the MESSUI menu for some reason crashes the whole program every time for me.

I got QMC2 but I have no idea how to even load a disk image when running the x1 machine, what on earth do you do?

In Xmillenium the controls in Euphory work fine once you select the JoyKey option.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 25th, 2011, 8:42 am 

1.) You can also try Takeda´s x1turbo emu. The emu can display different resolutions in fullscreen, dependent of your graphic card.
2.) If you have any questions regarding to QMC2, I suggest to visit the MESS forum

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 26th, 2011, 9:28 am 

Starscream the 2nd wrote:
Btw. I send Anna 3 or so additional X1 games some months ago, they don't appear in the ProjectMess listings,so you might want to ask her if you haven't received anything new yet.

or you can PM me *cough* if you still have the files, since I'm pretty often around here ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 26th, 2011, 1:46 pm 

Well, yeah, coincidentally I still have the archive, otherwise, I'd be struggling to remember what games I'm actually supposed to send. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 26th, 2011, 6:16 pm 

thanks for the gift :)