Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 2:23 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: x68k Shmup Databases?
PostPosted: August 1st, 2011, 6:20 pm 

It's clear that the list of shmups for the x68k is vast, obscure and so prolific with doujins that it could never be fully catalogued but has anyone made an attempt to collect all the information in one place?
There's several very helpful threads in this forum, but everytime I think I've got a good list of x68k shmups I see another post with another ten I havn't heard of before. There's also this excellent article which explains that the x68k was specifically designed to be a platform for creative programming hence the ocean of doujins
It's also amazing to see how imaginative and innovative many of the games were- there's a few mouse controlled shmups ( one of which was a clear inspiration for a recently developed PC indie game) and at least one with a tate mode (Bari Bari Attack 3). And one which appears to need stereoscopic glasses (Y2).
I was particularly boggled by Cuarto in which your oddly proportioned ship changes size (and possibly depth) at the press of a button (like you'r trippin eh?).
Anyway, so far I've got 83 shmups for x68k on my list so any more for any more?

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 3rd, 2011, 10:39 am 

The X68K Gamebase lets you sort by genre, and may contain some you haven't seen yet. I think it's based on older official Tosec release though, the newest unofficial release contains a few more images and is splitted between doujin and normal games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 3rd, 2011, 11:05 pm 

Thanks! I've also found this Games Database site very useful but it's by no means complete!