Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently April 29th, 2024, 2:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: English PC98 games
PostPosted: December 4th, 2007, 2:28 am 

Are there any games that are english beyond the Farland Story series, Marble Cooking(fan translation by Ryo), and Metajo currently in works?

Any info would be appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 4th, 2007, 7:43 am 
Site Admin

http://Policenauts.net holds a project that will focus on PC98 version once the PSX translation is implemented. I sold my PC98 to one of the guys in charge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 4th, 2007, 10:45 am 

well if you have noticed there is actual lots of hentai games for the pc which is a remade of pc98 hentai games.

1)If you haven't seen it over at the FMV Forums, it looks like there's finally active work on PC-98 TOSEC, so we might be seeing a new version of it appearing soon. D.O. is remaking their excellent game Record of Strange Beast War -AD 2048-. Bandwidth usage is still quite high, but I should be able to keep it under control with three small games next week. 3 new games, Total games: 379.

2)well you go to g-collections site and you notice a title called lightning warrior raidy which is a english remake of Ikazuchi no Senshi Raidi 1 but hopefully g-collections will remake the sequel as well but it is not out yet.

3)branmaker (yes branmaker first installment) but I noticed there no one the download links or the torrent at all, it is called branmaker rebirth (the cg is nicer but it is still in japanese).

4)dokyusei 1 and dokyusei 2 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%C5%8Dky%C5%ABsei_2

I do not have the windows version but I got the pc98 version.

more infomation later, I need to research.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 5th, 2007, 10:26 pm 

Thanks, Ive seen Raidy and couple other PC98 to Window transfers. I think there have been a few more, though I cant be 100% sure.

Also try a crack at Policenauts translation as I have a horrible time trying to reading Japanese, so makes most RPGs and strategy games nigh impossible to play.