Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 4:44 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 7th, 2007, 10:18 am 

You fellas sound as if you've got way ahead of me. I'm at a part of the game where a giant squid boss will almost kill me, and I have to run away. How do I beat the squid? The only other place I can really go that's new is a desert that won't let me through it. Cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 7th, 2007, 10:51 am 
Site Admin

We are not that far. To beat the squid you have to get a special item (don't remember what it is).

If I remember well, you have to go back to one of the first locations of the game to get it. It will protect you from the electrical attacks and you'll be able to fight the boss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 7th, 2007, 11:48 am 

Cheers dude, just beat him. ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 7th, 2007, 12:10 pm 

Heh, I guess I will have to restart this game as well. I gave up about 3-5 years ago, so my save states are long gone.

Ben - did you try cheating (Cheat Engine for example) in this hard monsters location? If not - try :) - maybe later everything will be allright (if this is another clever copy protection...).

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 7th, 2007, 2:24 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks JRK I'll give it a go tonight. I didn't know those programs were working with emulators !

lordfear : Keep it up ! This game is so neat it's worth the effort !

EDIT : JRK : Thanks a million man, I managed to level up automatically ! It took me twice the number of levels I originaly had to beat the lizard man ! Tosa yeshor'click !

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 9th, 2007, 11:40 pm 

benfmv wrote:
After this wicked dungeon, the two heros decide to take a break, the scenario divides in two :

- Shammy's trip to a sacred tree where she can get 2 powerful spells by solving 2 puzzles.

- Viga's trip is only a visit to a brothel with 3 hentai scenes. He gets a present for the princess which grants him a powerful armor when he gets back.

The player has to choose between the two scenarios.

I played them both. Upon completion of one or the 2 scenarios, Shammy is kidnapped by a monster and Viga has to rescue her by going through a swamp (get the boots in Oasis village before that).

My problem is that the enemies and the boss of the swamps are way too powerful to go through, it'd take at least 15 levels to compete. I'm starting to think it's another protection since there is no longer enemies to be found in the whole game. And once you enter the swamps, you can't come back ( = no level up possible).

Soes anyone has a walthrough link (even in Japanese) for this game ?

I'm going crazy :cry:

Couldn't find a walkthrough for part 2, only for the first game.
That doesn't necessarily mean there is no walkthrough, but if there is it must be very well hidden - I searched for quite some time.

But it would surprise me if the tough mobs you mentioned were another kind of protection.
I've seen several Japanese sites mentioning the key thing but nothing about unbeatable monsters.
Maybe you are in the wrong location.
I know several old PRGs (e.g. Amaranth) where you can get killed within seconds because you moved into the wrong area. :lol:

Quote:
EDIT : JRK : Thanks a million man, I managed to level up automatically ! It took me twice the number of levels I originaly had to beat the lizard man ! Tosa yeshor'click !

Or maybe it was just a puzzle that could have been solved easily if you actually understood what the characters were saying. :wink:

But who cares. Problem is solved I assume?

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 10th, 2007, 5:00 am 

You are welcome :-) Sseth, isili yeshor'click.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 10th, 2007, 6:54 am 
Site Admin

Ashura, actually I "understood" what they said using AGTH, it was something like "go through the swamps to find a way to save Shammy".

You're probably right though, it doesn't sound like a protection, but such an issue could explain why there is no Branmarker 2 rip with a CG Gallery enabled.

I can't wait to have other players point of view about this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 10th, 2007, 10:40 am 

I see. But did you get the whole story?
No one mentioning an extra dungeon where you could get the ultimate item enabeling you to pass the swamp even at your lvl or something like that?

Just a shot in the dark.
It's difficult to tell without knowing what was said.
Hell, you almost made me want to play the game now, just to see what the problem is here. :lol:

One more problem like this and I'll really give it a try. You have been warned! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 10th, 2007, 1:03 pm 
Site Admin

Nope I didn't get the whole story ... But I thought of something : some powerful items are found in dungeons and since dungeons in this game are very maze oriented, I must have missed some very powerful swords or armors.

:lol: Believe me the game is worth playing the use of the 16 colors palette is just great and enemy design is exceptional. Music is OK, no big deal, but graphics seriously rock.

Right now I am mapping the dwarven cave that is full of switches to get to the other side of a "mountain wall".

Post subject: Re: Branmarker 2
PostPosted: June 28th, 2012, 10:00 pm 

Hi. Sorry to bump such an old thread. I just finished this game yesterday and really enjoyed it! However, even in nearly 5 years time, there still doesn't seem to be a walkthrough (Japanese or otherwise) made for the game. Because of this, I decided to take some quick notes as I went along, and have now converted said notes into a walkthrough, which I've hosted on GiantBomb (map included).

Branmarker 2 Walkthrough

It's spoiler free, though thanks to AGTH, I also took some plot-based notes for the second half of the game, which I may put into a spoiler FAQ at a later date. The walkthrough tells you where to go and who to speak to in order to advance the story. It doesn't include instructions for getting through dungeon mazes, save for the last couple (which are among the most maddening).

I hope it will be of help to anyone wishing to play through the game in the future. :)

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2012, 7:35 pm 
Site Admin

Tip of the hat Sir :)

I wish I had something like this when I was playing it ^^;

PostPosted: September 5th, 2013, 10:18 am 

Why do all PC98 searches bring me full circle?
Does anybody still have a copy of the unprotected game for me to bum off you? Ashura's links are dead.

PostPosted: September 6th, 2013, 2:55 am 

I found this file from way back, it has just the .hdi on it, no floppies, untested:

http://www.retroprograms.com/temp/Branm ... Ashura.rar

PostPosted: September 6th, 2013, 4:01 am 

It works great. Though I won't be testing the capacity for clearing the copy protection part for quit some time.

Thank's, Pete. :)