Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:52 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: July 17th, 2018, 4:50 am 

I have been playing Tokyo Twilight Busters while writing an English guide, and I came across this part of the game when opening up the basement in the scenario "禁断のアトリエ". It asks for a 5 number sequence and it doesnt seem story related at all, I'm pretty sure its copy protection.

Japanese guides online for both the PC98 and DS versions dont mention this code at all.

Its wierd to put copy protection this far into the game. The game is unbelievably difficult and just getting to this point on my own with slight help from various guides took me like 15-20 hours haha.

If I knew about this I woulda tried to buy the game sooner, I've had my eye on YAJ for years now for a complete copy.

Anyone have a physical copy of the game to see if the code is in there? It would be massively appreciated.

Last edited by Macaw on July 17th, 2018, 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: July 17th, 2018, 7:04 am 

Never mind, got it from this video http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8679704

Its actually not copy protection, just a puzzle where the code is the date on a photo item you find in that scenario haha. The answer wasnt shown in any online text guide, not sure if it was removed in the DS version of the game.

PostPosted: July 17th, 2018, 10:00 am 

Nice that you're writing an English walkthrough :)

PostPosted: July 17th, 2018, 3:31 pm 

Unfortunantly I got stuck again, near the end of the game in the 2nd last scenario, "滅びし帝都"

The guides online for the DS version dont work for PC98. Here http://dsadv.blog66.fc2.com/blog-entry-378.html it says you get the "神秘の御守り" shortly giving candy to the girl and talking to her, but this doesnt work at all. Instead you just take her back to the start point and she stays there. The "神秘の御守り" supposedly is needed to reach floor 6 along with the gas mask, otherwise you cant get there.

Also the nico videos dont show what to do. Between these 2:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm12298361
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm10371998

It skips over how the characters got the "神秘の御守り" to access floor 6.

Dunno if anyone else has ever tried play thorugh this but if anyone knows let me know.

PostPosted: July 19th, 2018, 6:37 am 

Ok figured this out. In the PC98 version after taking the girl to the front door you then have to move into the invisible front door by moving your character into the bottom of the screen and then you get the item. This is the only point of the game where moving the mouse to the screen edge doesnt show a movement arrow, hence the confusion. No wonder they took this out of the DS version haha.

PostPosted: July 19th, 2018, 8:57 am 

It might have been a bug...

For reference, "shinpi no omamori" means something like secret charm.