Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:40 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: January 13th, 2017, 11:30 pm 

I'm glad it's working now. SL9821 seems to be the only emulator that can play the CD audio in-game.

Thanks again to SkyeWelse for providing the Appareden CD image. I'm a big fan of TGL.

PostPosted: January 24th, 2017, 5:07 pm 

Couple of new things. New version for SL9821 (v0.2.1.1) available, pretty small update.

Changelog (JP):
- シェーダの作り直し、演算誤差で画像が乱れる問題の修正
- また、DirectX9.0対応GPU向けのシェーダプログラムを追加してありますが残念ながらパフォーマンスは期待できません
- サウンド出力のないPCでもエミュレータが起動できるように修正
- ハードウェア割り込み処理の変更(机上で改善した方がいいと思ったため修正したので変更による効果は不明)

Changelog (EN):
- Rebuilt shaders, this fixes some image tearing due to calculation errors
- Also, new shader code for GPUs that support DirectX 9.0 has been added, but the performance isn't that great unfortunately
- Fixed a bug where computers without sound output couldn't start the emulator
- Modified hardware interrupt processing (the effectiveness of this change is unknown, though on paper it should be an improvement)

I also shot satotomi a short email about some of the success and things we've managed to do with SL9821 despite not having the correct BIOS roms and everything, and he replied saying he was more than open to hearing any bug reports we may have despite that. So if there's anything specific and reproducible, bug-wise, that you want to let him know about feel free to shoot him an email (in Japanese).

Also, I've found and been in contact with a developer of a newer disk image editor program called ND, which has just recently added native SL9821 support. It's a pretty good and somewhat modern feeling editor, supports a bunch of formats but mainly I'm mentioning it here due to the latest update adding SLH support.

http://euee.web.fc2.com/tool/nd.html

PostPosted: January 24th, 2017, 11:06 pm 

kuoushi wrote:

Also, I've found and been in contact with a developer of a newer disk image editor program called ND, which has just recently added native SL9821 support. It's a pretty good and somewhat modern feeling editor, supports a bunch of formats but mainly I'm mentioning it here due to the latest update adding SLH support.

The English version is coming soon.
He should add to FileOpenDialog:
Quote:
SL9821 HardDisk Image (*.slh)

PostPosted: January 25th, 2017, 3:19 pm 

Anna_Wu wrote:
kuoushi wrote:

Quote:

Now available.
Quote:
euee.web.fc2.com/tool/ND0A30_EN.zip

*.slh filter added. (Currently English version only)

PostPosted: January 26th, 2017, 5:52 am 

Anna_Wu wrote:
Anna_Wu wrote:
kuoushi wrote:

Quote:

Now available.
Quote:
euee.web.fc2.com/tool/ND0A30_EN.zip

*.slh filter added. (Currently English version only)

Sorry, I made a mistake. The English version was not able to delete files. Fix sent to euee.

PostPosted: February 13th, 2017, 12:22 pm 

I'm happy to report that the latest version of SL9821 now supports the VEM486 memory manager. Thank you satotomi!

PostPosted: February 13th, 2017, 3:42 pm 

Another cool thing, you can now convert most other hard disk images to SLH with NHC. euee added support for that as well.

http://euee.web.fc2.com/tool/nhc.html#nhc

I believe it has to be the 47c (Japanese) version and not 47a (the English version by Anna).

PostPosted: February 14th, 2017, 4:25 pm 

kuoushi wrote:
Another cool thing, you can now convert most other hard disk images to SLH with NHC. euee added support for that as well.

http://euee.web.fc2.com/tool/nhc.html#nhc

I believe it has to be the 47c (Japanese) version and not 47a (the English version by Anna).

NHC Ver.0 alpha47C 32bit English version

PostPosted: July 12th, 2017, 11:23 pm 

So I asked Tomizawa about possibly having the way SL9821 handles which locale/language is used in the interface, since some people I'd been talking to had had some issues with the interface showing up in Japanese instead of English. The main change was that SL9821 will now only display Japanese when the Japanese locale is active, and English in all other instances. Pretty good, but also he is going to start using RESx files in the SL9821 directory that contain the different translations of the emulator. This means we can translate it and get it to support even more languages than just English and Japanese. I'm not sure when he'll be posting this new version, but I'll share the RESx files here, which are basically just XML files with the strings inside.

https://www.mediafire.com/?bbn4b4cnza4ibig

If you want to translate these to another language, modify one of the files, figure out your language code is if you don't know already (like en-US or ja-JP), modify the resource file to the new language (you can test by just changing the Resource_en.resx file), then send that over to Tomizawa, the developer of SL9821 (support@satotomi.com). Generally it's better to keep this relatively simple as I'm not sure of his English abilities, just have the title be something along the lines of "<language> Translation for SL9821" and then send him your updated resource file with the language/region code included in the main body of the e-mail.

Not a huge amount of strings, so it hopefully shouldn't be too bad for anyone wanting to translate the files. I'm going to be trying to fix up the English resource file so that it's slightly more proper English in a little bit here. I'll upload that when I'm done (and send it to Tomizawa to include in future versions).

Pretty neat in general, figured you guys would like to know and help out.

PostPosted: July 15th, 2017, 1:42 am 

Great support from the developer, that's really appreciated. I might have a go at a French translation.

PostPosted: July 17th, 2017, 6:37 pm 

So 0.2.5.0 is out, and it comes with some nice bonus features as well as the updated English strings that I fixed and sent along to Tomizawa. Pretty neat.

One of the nicest of the new features, aside from general bug fixes, is now we can control what file extensions show up in the file selection window by default. For instance, HDM.

Add the following line to your settings.xml file under the <drive> tag and it'll make HDM files show up by default without having to use the dropdown to select All files (*.*):

Code:
<fdext title="FD Image File" extension="*.hdm;*.bin" />

You can do the same with CD images as well, like adding BIN or CUE or whatever format currently works with SL9821 (you might have to test to see what works on your own, I'm not sure and haven't tested it yet.)

Code:
<cdext title="CD Image File" extension="*.iso;*.bin" />

Also, one of the visual glitches I reported for Appareden is fixed in 0.2.5.0 as well, so that's nice!