Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:51 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: August 28th, 2016, 5:16 am 

Hey all! I started a new translation project, and from now I'm going to do my best to translate as many PC98 games as I can.
I started out with Reserve 1 & 2, two neat H games from MIN, who later became part of Sogna (creators of the Viper series).

Translation patches can be found here:
https://mega.nz/#F!qAdkUQSL!l7HO2Gb6sqkZifjBa8k2SQ

And if you're interested in supporting the project, please have a look at my Patreon or spare a retweet on twitter.
It would be a dream come true if this could turn into a job for me.
https://www.patreon.com/nana_vs_nana
https://twitter.com/Nana_VS_Nana/status ... 3278765056

Thank you for your time!

Last edited by Nana on September 29th, 2016, 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: August 31st, 2016, 2:53 pm 

Apparently these games are missing in the Tokugawa database :?: I can't find them under Sogna.

As to the project itself, that's very ambitious. I hope this "translates" to English games across a variety of genres. Wouldn't mind some of the ports that are already in English on other platforms but unique on the PC-98 either (Starcraft stuff etc.).

PostPosted: August 31st, 2016, 4:10 pm 

I wish you all the best of luck! I'm really looking forward to playing the games you translate and as soon as possible I'll contribute to your patreon too in any way (I'm spreading the word for the moment) I can, your project is wonderful and I really hope that you will be able to turn this into some kind of part-time job. :mrgreen:
And you really hit my buttons with this Possessioner gif in your Patreon. I really want to play that one (laughs)

(Downloading the Reserve translations for now, thank you!)

PostPosted: August 31st, 2016, 4:26 pm 

Starscream the 2nd wrote:
Apparently these games are missing in the Tokugawa database :?: I can't find them under Sogna.

Sorry, I was actually mistaken on that one. Reserve is by MIN, not Sogna (MIN later became a part of Sogna, you see)! I need to go correct that ASAP... hah. Pretty big mistake for my first translation!

tengu archiver wrote:
And you really hit my buttons with this Possessioner gif in your Patreon. I really want to play that one (laughs)

PostPosted: August 31st, 2016, 5:01 pm 

Nana wrote:
[image]

Oh my god yes ! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Thank you!
I wish I had any way to help you more than just spreading the word and with money. Gospeed, girl!

PostPosted: August 31st, 2016, 7:51 pm 

Very promising start, I hope you start translating games with larger amount of text as well someday (VNs and JRPGs), like one of my personal PC98 favorites Heart Heat Girls that could be the second "Snatcher", or Giten Megami Tensei, or eroge classics from Elf, Silky's or Fairytale...

PostPosted: August 31st, 2016, 10:27 pm 

--Eiesoldar-- wrote:
Very promising start, I hope you start translating games with larger amount of text as well someday (VNs and JRPGs), like one of my personal PC98 favorites Heart Heat Girls that could be the second "Snatcher", or Giten Megami Tensei, or eroge classics from Elf, Silky's or Fairytale...

I will be translating games with larger amounts of text as well, but I can't focus 100% on them or it'd be months between each release... So, I think my plan for now is a ton of games with smaller amounts of text, and just every now and then something special and bigger. I'm really excited for Possessioner in particular.

I think if I do it this way, not only would I get to put out a bunch of games, but the people interested in the project would actually be able to play all of them, as there's not too much of a time commitment either.

As for Giten Megami Tensei -- you know, I had no idea this was a legit Megaten title! For some reason I had always assumed it wasn't actually created by Atlus. I'll have to go play this. ;)

PostPosted: September 1st, 2016, 3:27 am 

Hey all! Here's a little update with some of the games I'm working on.

PostPosted: September 1st, 2016, 5:40 am 

Oh my god I don't know how I missed it when I last looked at that chart but you're also trying to translate Tokyo Twilight Busters, I... I don't even know how to thank you. If you ever need a soul to sell to the devil, feel free to call me. The only reason I'm not giving you more money right now is because I simply can't atm.

(Now I'm gonna go back to the shadows from which I came, I don't like to reply/write too much/to flood your topic)

PostPosted: September 1st, 2016, 8:34 pm 

Unbelievable :o That's just freakin' awesome. You are going for at least 100 PC98 games to translate??? You have been awaited far too long! That's just wonderful news :mrgreen: Best news for some long time. You have my support. Looking forward especially to Tokyo Twilight Busters. Some more suggestions:

Dead of the Brain 1 & 2
DOOP
Dracula Hakusyaku
Harlem Blade
Marine Philt
Necronomicon
Xenon

PostPosted: September 4th, 2016, 4:52 pm 

I've done NES Romhacking and Translation in the past. Maybe I could help? Is PC98 similar to that?

PostPosted: September 4th, 2016, 9:51 pm 

No, PC98 is a Japanese PC platform based on Intel x86 processors with no specialized graphics hardware for game development, such as sprites or background tiles. As far as platforms go the NES and PC98 could not be any more different.

PostPosted: September 29th, 2016, 12:34 pm 

I know it certainly took long enough, but I finally finished my next project: Belloncho Body Inspection!

I think it's a very creative sex-comedy RPG with a good sense of humor. Please check it out if you're interested!

Links are in the OP.

PostPosted: September 30th, 2016, 7:29 pm 

Updated to ver 1.10; fixed a few bugs and things in dialogue.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/belloncho-body-1-6889685

PostPosted: November 16th, 2016, 5:13 am 

Awesome work Nana, can't wait for Star Cruiser II: The Oddyseus Project.

EDIT: Melpool Land English Patch is up! :D