Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:47 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: April 20th, 2016, 2:32 am 

Hi guys, I'm new here.... And I need a little help.....

When our family got our first PC, I sometimes buy these bootleg CDs that contain a lot of games from China, containing mutliple games, some English and some Chinese sometimes even Japanese. I have successfully gotten most of them and rediscovered them thru PC98 games or X68000 games, which made me assume that these games have been ported to MS-DOS / Windows at some point.

Except one......

I would really appreciate it or even give a reward of sorts if anyone can help me find this game....

Here are the things I remember from that game..... Keep in mind that this is from my childhood memory so details might be inaccurate.....

- The game seems to be a square grid based strategy game similar to Fire Emblem / Super Robot Taisen and similar games. I don't remember having to boot to DOS/V unlike Japanese games so I'm assuming it is a Japanese game translated to Chinese. No ecchi/hentai scenes as well.

- I "think" the publisher is Tan Ton Nerw, but then a lot of Chinese PC games have been published by them so I might be misremembering.

- The game seems to run on a high resolution mode looking like 640x480x16. Unlike games like Fire Emblem / Dragon Knight 4, when a battle occurs, no seperate graphics/screen transition happens, it is just these SD Style map sprites doing the casting and doing the attacks themselves.

- The first character you see in the game seems to be either a female nurse / healer type, and she seems to protect these children to those soldiers.

- The second character that joins in the game is a knight with blond hair, reminds me of Gourry from Slayers except less dumber.... :p

- The third character that joins is a child that seems to fit the "thief" archetype, mischevious and quick. The first map/scenario you see the child is that he seems to do something (Stealing something perhaps?) and the goal of the map is that the thief randomly teleports around the small map and the goal is to just hit the thief once, after that he joins the group.

- The fourth character to join is the elf/archer archetype and another male one I think. There might be more recruitable characters, but I don't remember them anymore.

- One of the more unique objectives in one map is the child that the group is protecting, in one map/scenario, the child falls in a river while there are enemy soldiers, to the goal is to save the child while trying to beat the enemy soldiers that are in your way, you cannot exactly go in the raging river but the river has some oversized tree branches/logs that can be used so you can reach the child, if the child reaches the end of the map to the waterfall, the scenario is failed and you will need to restart again.

PostPosted: May 17th, 2016, 11:09 am 
Site Admin

http://fullmotionvideo.free.fr/screen/G2424.html

It really sounds like Nana Eiyuu Monogatari 2.

PostPosted: June 4th, 2016, 1:24 pm 

Wow. Thank you very much. That is exactly the game I'm looking for.

I don't know how can I thank you but just say it and I'll try to oblige. Just as it doesn't involve too much money.... :) :mrgreen:

Ninja Edit : Great, this game only works when installed in a hard drive. Any tutorials for this? :(

PostPosted: June 10th, 2016, 9:32 am 
Site Admin

Give me some time I'll trry to put something up.

PostPosted: June 11th, 2016, 1:34 am 

Thank you for the help..... =)

PostPosted: June 11th, 2016, 7:38 am 

Here you go, installed in a standalone HDI image :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0oZOR ... sp=sharing