Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: PC98 Scans
PostPosted: June 30th, 2016, 3:00 am 

Currently putting up all the Japanese manuals that I've scanned or found online.
It will have the following folders.

Famicom
Famicom Disk
Super Famicom
SG-1000
Mark III
Mega Drive
Super 32X
Mega CD
Game Gear
Game Boy
Neo Geo
3DO
Sega Saturn
Sega Dreamcast
PC Engine
PC Engine CD
Nintendo 64
Playstation
MSX

Probably more folders later (PC98, PS2, etc.)

It will be ready by the end of the week and I will post the link here and on 2ch. I used to have this project on megaupload but now it will be on my own server.
Hubz I will also be "borrowing" your manual scans for the site :wink:
Will be taking submissions too.

PS: All the filenames will be in Japanese. If you dont like it too bad.

PostPosted: June 30th, 2016, 2:18 pm 

Please do! I'd hate to have taken all the time to scan them and them not be used :)

PostPosted: June 30th, 2016, 10:29 pm 

Added more scans as well as dumps for the following games - (Dumps are labeled as Game, and RAW Files for the RAW disk stuff from the Kryoflux)

Metal Eye
Kounai Shasei Vol 1-3
Dream Program System
True Heart
Teen
Rance II
Rance III
Magical Block Carat
Pro Student G
and 4 more unknowns. Enjoy!

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2016, 4:58 am 

Here's the link

http://bit.ly/29j6XKv

I haven't posted this anywhere else yet as it isn't finished (taking longer than I expected), I'll be uploading the rest of it over the next week or two, then I'll post it on 2ch.

PS: Those Sega Master System and Mega Drive manuals 99% of them were scanned by me and were originally on megaupload. Whoever uploaded all of them to sega retro stupidly split all the pages in half, it was a solid afternoon of work putting a few of them back together that I had trashed by accident.

Edit: Link is down for now, will be updated again at some point

Last edited by bakuDD on September 23rd, 2016, 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2016, 5:19 am 

here are your unknowns

game 1 - panic dolls
game 2 - mahsaikojan
game 3 - wrestle angels special
game 4 - super real mahjong pII and pIII
game 5 - toushin toshi (fun game! i played on x68000 though)
game 6 - tesera
game 7 - youjuu club custom
game 8 - bonnou yobikou 3
game 9 - kakutou museum

PostPosted: July 5th, 2016, 2:30 pm 

Awesome thanks! And great job on the scans! I love them.

PostPosted: August 13th, 2016, 9:59 pm 

Added quite a few more, and more will be coming through the weekend and week.

Only one I couldn't figure out so far, if someone can tell me I'd appreciate it!

PostPosted: August 16th, 2016, 9:06 am 

Unknown game title is: Princess Denjaa (Danger?)

PostPosted: August 17th, 2016, 9:44 pm 

Hubz wrote:
I run a site where I try to preserve high quality scans of my collection. My main focus for now is Famicom Disk but I recently had an opportunity to buy a large lot of PC98 games so did so in order to preserve them as best I could. I've only had time to scan in a few titles so far but I have many (100+) more to go. Also I don't know Japanese so if someone could give me the translations of the titles I can properly label them :)

Feel free to copy and use the scans however you please. The more people that have them the easier they'll be preserved. I'm assuming these games have also already been dumped but if not let me know and I'll work on getting that done. Also all the games will be for sale if you want them for your collection. Once I have them scanned in I no longer need them as I just care about the preservation. These are all 300dpi JPEG files. But I also have 600dpi PNG if you're interested (Though they are MUCH larger in file size)

http://www.gamingalexandria.com/pc98/

I look forward to contributing more in the future :)

- Hubz

Your scans are wonderful! Would you consider contributing these scans to our archives for preservation? My website "https://www.supercom32.net" has just recently gone online and our goal is to try and preserve all things Retro Asian. If so, please do register and shoot me a PM. I can have you added as a contributor so you can add to the repositories!

PostPosted: August 19th, 2016, 12:40 am 

Feel free to use them, the more the scans are out there the more likely they'll never be lost. :)

PostPosted: August 21st, 2016, 10:27 pm 

And I am DONE Finally! 143 games scanned in fully :D

I'm going to go back and dump what I had before I acquired the Kryoflux and after that I'll be completely finished with this project. If anybody wants to purchase any of these games let me know, or if someone knows where would be best for me to try to sell them. Honestly if I could get close to what I paid for them I would be thrilled, and it would give me funds for future archiving projects.

Enjoy the scans and spread them around!

- Hubz

PostPosted: August 23rd, 2016, 4:54 am 

Hubz wrote:
And I am DONE Finally! 143 games scanned in fully :D

I'm going to go back and dump what I had before I acquired the Kryoflux and after that I'll be completely finished with this project. If anybody wants to purchase any of these games let me know, or if someone knows where would be best for me to try to sell them. Honestly if I could get close to what I paid for them I would be thrilled, and it would give me funds for future archiving projects.

Enjoy the scans and spread them around!

- Hubz

i think the best place to sell them is on yahoo auctions :wink:

on another note, wow battle skin panic 9821! thanks for the scans!

PostPosted: August 23rd, 2016, 5:34 am 

trenton_net wrote:
Hubz wrote:

Your scans are wonderful! Would you consider contributing these scans to our archives for preservation? My website "https://www.supercom32.net" has just recently gone online and our goal is to try and preserve all things Retro Asian. If so, please do register and shoot me a PM. I can have you added as a contributor so you can add to the repositories!

I hope you plan on adding some original content. Because right now all you have is farmed content from Hubz behind a wall and there's no reason for anyone to use the site over Hubz website (or mine.)

PostPosted: August 26th, 2016, 3:11 pm 

bakuDD wrote:
trenton_net wrote:
Hubz wrote:

I hope you plan on adding some original content. Because right now all you have is farmed content from Hubz behind a wall and there's no reason for anyone to use the site over Hubz website (or mine.)

I absolutely agree. Since I'm only a single person, I can only realistically get so much work done in a limited amount of time. Because of this (and the fact that my goals are rather broad), I have to kind of cherry pick what gets done and what goes in the backlog. Since farming existing content can be automated to some degree, it's generally an easy job to get out of the way since it has to be done anyway.

Speaking of which, I personally own a collection of about 300+ Japanese PC-Engine games I'd like to get photographed and scanned. As you can imagine, it's a massive undertaking to do it all at once so I'll probably have to plan it out a bit first. It might be easier to do it last, once I get all the easier jobs out of the way first.

PostPosted: August 26th, 2016, 5:46 pm 

Does anybody have a contact at the Software Preservation Society? I've tried joining the forum and submitting messages to get them copies of the RAW dumps but I haven't ever gotten a response and I'd like to get these RAW files archived to someone.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next