Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:02 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: February 14th, 2016, 11:15 am 

After releasing the updated version of "Neko ProjectX" for Xbox, I am now quite interested in making Windows work in it. I have been able to make "Windows 1.03" work, it has been very easy from an FDI image and typing "win" in the commandline. It has been funny to "play" CALC.EXE on the Xbox :lol:

Now I would like to test more modern versions of Windows, but I am having troubles with them. Of course, I am first trying to make them work on Neko Project 2 (for PC) and after that, I will try to make them work on Xbox if possible. But making them work on PC is not as easy as I thought, so I would need to ask some questions:

* I have "almost" achieved to make work a Windows 3 (with PC-9821 emulation) with one FDI boot disk in the floppy unit and an HDI image in the hard disk... it starts but it crashes at some point. Is this a good method?

* As I am simply doing a proof of concept (I want to know the needed resources to run each Windows version), is there any HDI image available with an installed Windows 3 or Windows 95, that can be directly launched in Neko Project 2? Of course I have thought about asking these HDIs in the "Requests" subforum, but I am not sure if this is even possible...

* Anyone has managed to run Windows 95 in Neko Project 2? How is the experience? How much big should be the hard disk to do that? (now I am also thinking if the 64 MB of RAM in the Xbox could be enough to support a Windows 95... or it would be needed to use virtual memory).

I have searched for HDI images with pre-installed Windows systems (to be able to make quick proofs of concept) but I have not found anyone!... and this has been really strange for me. Is there any reason?

If anyone can bring some light in any of these doubts, it would be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance!