Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:50 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: September 4th, 2015, 4:20 pm 

Hi everyone :D . I am a Spanish user, and I got a MSX2 in the 90s. I got the chance to play great Japanese games, like Ys I, II and III, Xak I, II and Tower of Gazzel, Fray, Emerald Dragon and so on. But I feel I have a great debt: to watch the ending (if there is any) of Tower of Cabin - Cabin Panic, the last Microcabin's game on the MSX system. I played it several times, but I feel that there is no hope, I am always eventually stuck :( . Given that there is a PC-98 version, and there are many PC-98 users in here, can someone give me any info? Thank you very much in advance.

PostPosted: September 5th, 2015, 5:41 pm 

Hi Adol,

If you are already an MSX user, you're probably already familiar with the MSX Resource Center. A user there named Randam is who I would recommend as the leading English speaking Tower of Cabin fan. I'm pretty certain he's finished the MSX2 version and even provided a short walkthrough to me for the game awhile back, but it may have just been enough to get to see the Xak series mini-games which is what I was most interested in seeing.

If he is not able to help, my best recommendation (if there isn't anyone here that is can help) is to search for it on NicoNicoDouga. Perhaps someone has a streaming walkthrough of the game. Good luck! Do a good job working for Microcabin and make them profitable so they'll create more games again! : )

-Thomas

PostPosted: September 7th, 2015, 4:51 pm 

Thank you very much! I'll try that and if I can get the ending, I will upload it on Youtube immediately!