Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:23 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: May 28th, 2014, 9:25 pm 

I can't read a VN on PC98 without the condition of compatibility with AGTH. I don't see any pleasure to read gibberish.
So... I am limited to companies whose engine is compatible with AGTH. With VN on PC, there is h-code when the VN is unhookable. What about VN on PC98?
Fortunately, Gainax and Elf are compatibles but I really want to read a Fairytale's VN like Lipstick Adventure or Necronomicon which I can't. Fairytale, ok, but there is lot and lot of VN not accessible to AGTH that I also want to read. It's a shame for me to don't understand what's going on in Sotsugyo.

After my tearful plea, the conclusion : is there a way to get a h-code or a similar tip for (example)... hmm... the first Lipstick Adventure?

PostPosted: May 29th, 2014, 7:40 pm 

AGTH can not catch text,if the game uses its own character encoding and your font in the game.
Games of Fairytale, and some other companies do not have support in AGTH.
H-code does not used to AGTH. You can only use the key /X
Anywhere is not recommended - it markedly inhibits the emulator.

For these games, use ABBYY Screenshot Reader plus ChiiTrans to translate the text from the clipboard

PostPosted: May 29th, 2014, 8:11 pm 

I tried /x /x2 and /v on Lipstick ADV with no result.
So, in this day and age, we cannot even extract simple sentences of old VN. Sigh.

al32gabby wrote:
For these games, use ABBYY Screenshot Reader plus ChiiTrans to translate the text from the clipboard

I use OCR for doujin and I know that's the WORST case scenario plus your VN experience will be extremely painful and not even funny.
I thought the first line of Lipstick ADV was a good signal because it extracts some fonts :

Quote:
!"#$%&'()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[\]^_`abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz{|}~ 。「」、・ヲァィゥェォャュョッーアイウエオカキクケコサシスセソタチツテトナニヌネノハヒフヘホマミムメモヤユヨラリルレロワン゙゚

Condemned to not read all those VN is sad because the list is huge.