Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently April 18th, 2024, 2:41 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: December 12th, 2013, 5:21 pm 

Sometimes games require to type kana for some reasons, copy protection i.e.. There is "Kanjilock" button on the keyboard but I could use it properly only in Anex86. But still one problem remains: I can't type voiced consonants.

For example, there's a riddle of the sphinx in "Delfoi no Shintaku" (screenshot is made from TAS found on Nicovideo):

The answer is "ningen", BUT I can only type "ninken" using "Kanjilock" in Anex86. I can do nothing in Neko Project, and don't know what to do in T98 Next. It somehow managed to type everything in M88 and XM6...

PostPosted: December 13th, 2013, 4:55 pm 

Maybe you can help the program ManuKey.

http://www.cug.net/~manuke/tools.html

ManuKey
ソフトウェアキーボード
(Ver. 1, 0, 3)

PostPosted: December 14th, 2013, 1:24 am 

Didn't help at all, it keeps typing latin letters with kanjilock on Manukey.
Although I found the way to type properly on Anex: if you hold "shift" during typing and use "[" button (not releasing "shift"), "ke" will become "ge". Somehow doesn't work in T98, and don't know how to type kana in NP2 at all.
BUT even this method doesn't help. I answered exactly like in TAS and still got "Game Over". Perhaps my Disk C.fdi isn't cracked or corrupted. Well, I'll try to find another one.

PostPosted: June 13th, 2014, 2:17 pm 

Seems like I have a similar problem in another game. To unlock the last, sixth girl in this game, I have to type a 5-letter password. 5 previous girls give letters C, B, K, A and L so I initially thought the password would be "BLACK", but no. So I found a tip:
Quote:
ヒットする単語は4つづつ離れているので、1でヒットしたら5、9、13と4を加算していく。パスワードは「&YUKB」の順序なので、キーボードのカナキーに対応した「おんなのこ」
And this password is in hiragana. Yes, the game doesn't accept katakana password in Anex or T98 and I don't know how to type in hiragana. Please help if you know.

PostPosted: June 13th, 2014, 2:57 pm 

i Remember, i play many PC88 game,push 【Scroll Lock】key Switching. in pc98,i only can input 1234567890 :evil:

PostPosted: June 13th, 2014, 3:09 pm 

Nope, doesn't work. Pressing KanaLock ("Home" button in my case) and ScrollLock at the same time makes T98 hang ._.

PostPosted: June 14th, 2014, 8:36 am 

hey,you try 【Caps Lock】or try config t98-next
Attachment:
004.png
004.png [ 9.4 KiB | Viewed 5947 times ]

i have no time test, about "Delfoi no Shintaku" ,i start game,only can select 1、2、3、4,i need some time clear stage :evil:

PostPosted: June 14th, 2014, 11:38 am 

Yes, I configured that, KanaLock/Kanjilock (dunno how to properly name this key) is the third option here, I'm using either "Home" or "end" for it:
I'm more concerned with typing in hiragana than with "Delfoi no Shintoku". In case of DnS I found the solution and typed "ningen" properly, but it didn't work, so it's either me doing smth wrong in the game or copy protection.

PostPosted: June 16th, 2014, 1:11 am 

The PC98 keyboard has three important keys for Japanese input: the kana key, NFER key, and XFER key.
Basically all PC98 emulators map these keys to the hiragana/katana key, muhenkan, and henkan keys on a modern Japanese keyboard.
If you don't have a Japanese keyboard, maybe it would easiest to remap keys with a Autohotkey script. That would work with every emulator without any modifications.

Download Autohotkey, then copy and save the following as a text file. Name it PC98keys.ahk for example.
Code:
; PC98 kana key to F12
F12::SC070

; PC98 NFER key to Home
Home::SC07B

; PC98 XFER key to End
End::SC079

Then just load the ahk script before using an emulator.

About typing Japanese:
On the PC98, you can input katakana by hitting the kana key, but that's it. If you want to type hiragana or kanji, you need to load a Japanese front-end processoer (FEP).
In MS-DOS, this is accomplished by adding these device drivers to config.sys:
Code:
DEVICE=A:\DOS\KKCFUNC.SYS
DEVICE=A:\DOS\NECAIK1.DRV
DEVICE=A:\DOS\NECAIK2.DRV NECAI.SYS

Once the Japanese FEP drivers are loaded, you can switch to Japanese input by pressing Ctrl+XFER.

But this is not normally used in games. Games either require typing in katakana by pressing the Kana key, or they come with a built-in FEP of their own.
For Idaten Ikase Otoko, you just type in katakana. But I think the password is different from the PC88 version.
I haven't checked Delfoi, but if you upload a save game or save state, I could take a look.

PostPosted: June 27th, 2014, 11:46 pm 

Dunno about password differences. Here is Idaten Ikase Otoko with savestate with 5 girls "completed", and here is Delfoi no Shintaku (load 1st save slot and just walk down right).

I didn't understand which "config.sys" you meant. "Idaten Ikase Otoko"'s? Unfortunately, the game is unextractable and unconvertable by Virtual Floppy Image Converter, so I don't have access to game's files.

PostPosted: June 29th, 2014, 2:53 am 
I downloaded your file and test the game with t-98 next.
I tried to press CapsLock to change "ひらがな"(Hiragana) to "カタカナ"(Katakana) ,it seems to work fine.

ニ→'i'
ン→'y'
ゲ→ ':'+ '@'
ン→'y'

Attachment:
無題.png
無題.png [ 145.83 KiB | Viewed 5680 times ]

PostPosted: June 29th, 2014, 3:11 am 

i do a Simple Test, i use "鳳 日本語入力デバイス", look gif
Attachment:
1.gif
1.gif [ 189.55 KiB | Viewed 5678 times ]

need modify config.sys, add one line "DEVICE=otri.sys"

0020 0) 仮想鍵盤を出す SPACE
51ff 1) ひらがな変換は NFER
35ff 2) カタカナ変換は XFER
0009 3) 英字全角変換は TAB
a5f8 4) カナ半角変換は SHIFT+XFER
000d 5) 英字半角変換は CR
f80d 6) 半角一括シフト SHIFT+CR
0008 7) 後退は BS
001b 8) 取り消しは ESC
f820 9) 仮想鍵盤後退は SHIFT+SPACE
f820 A) 半角空白は SHIFT+SPACE
0020 B) 全角空白は SPACE
35fa C) SJIScode入力は GRAPH+XFER
51fa D) JIScode入力は GRAPH+NFER
b5f9 E) 「鳳」の起動は CTRL+XFER
f809 F) 全角一括シフト SHIFT+TAB

Attachment:
鳳 日本語入力デバイス.7z [930.67 KiB]
Downloaded 219 times

PostPosted: June 29th, 2014, 4:35 am 

Delfoi no Shintaku works fine. Press the PC98 kana key (by remapping it or using the Autohotkey script or whatever), and then enter the characters like delicious posted. I tested it in np2fmgen. Be sure to press the 決定 button on the left afterwards, not 再入力.

--Eiesoldar-- wrote:
I didn't understand which "config.sys" you meant.

That's just for typing Japanese generally in MS-DOS. Games just use katakana or a built-in FEP. If you're just playing games, there's no need to modify the config.sys for Japanese input.

Also, the link to the Idaten Ikase Otoko save file is just the Delfoi file.

PostPosted: July 7th, 2014, 3:57 pm 

Yes, seems like XFER+Capslock combination makes T98 be able to type Hiragana as well... in "Delfoi no Shintaku", but not in Idaten Ikase Otoko. Also, "ゲ→ ':'+ '@' " combination doesn't work for me, I can type ゲ using 'h'+'[' only and only in Anex, :+@ can't be pressed on my CPU/OS at the same time for some reason o_O Perhaps savestate or system disk with savefile after that Sphinx would be a better option :C

And here is that Idaten Ikase Otoko savestate for T98

PostPosted: July 8th, 2014, 12:02 am 

--Eiesoldar-- wrote:
Yes, seems like XFER+Capslock combination makes T98 be able to type Hiragana as well... in "Delfoi no Shintaku", but not in Idaten Ikase Otoko. Also, "ゲ→ ':'+ '@' " combination doesn't work for me, I can type ゲ using 'h'+'[' only and only in Anex, :+@ can't be pressed on my CPU/OS at the same time for some reason o_O
That's because Delfoi has a custom text input processor built into the game. Idaten does NOT require hiragana, I'm certain of that.
Also, in Delfoi, you don't need to press the buttons at the same time. Press ':' to type ケ, then press '@' to turn the ケ into ゲ.

UPDATE:

So I examined the Ikase Otoko disk image in a hex editor, and discovered that the password for the PC98 version is definitely "BLACK". It wasn't working before because the game was not properly cracked!

Here's my cracked version. I reached the end of the game with this. Note that "BLACK" must be in uppercase. Lowercase letters will not work.

Attachments:
Idaten Ikase Otoko - Mugiko ni Aitai [FD][cracked].rar [279.62 KiB]
Downloaded 183 times