Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:59 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: May 15th, 2013, 11:05 pm 

Hi. I've been messing a lot with the configuration of Anex and Next to get this game working. I can run the game, but the gameplay is very choppy and barely playable. I struggled with the configuration to play other similar games like "Valkyrie: the power beauties" and they work pretty fine, but Variable refuses to work with the same orders.
I know the game is choppy by itself, but i've seen a video were the game runs smoother than with my emulators. I've tried running the game with disks and installing it on a .hdi image with same results. May be i have bad dumped disk images, perhaps the game doesn't emulate well, perhaps the demo runs better than the final game, who knows.

These are my reference videos. My game looks worse than this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZGWa1tPnNM
And i want it to run like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylyVlrSBI44

I have another issue with the game, but i'll post it another day if somebody knows how to help me.

Thanks in advance. Best wishes to all the forum members.

PostPosted: May 17th, 2013, 11:27 pm 

The emulators can be cranked up to performance far exceeding the original machine.

However, to be honest, it seems to run fine with default Anex86 settings (looks like the second video when I run it,) so I'm kind of surprised you're having issues.

PostPosted: May 18th, 2013, 9:48 pm 

Certainly, it is strange to have a problem with only a game and not with the emulator itself. I'll try something different with anex today. I've to say that T98 doesn't emulate the sounds well. Are you running the Demo or the full game?

There's another thing i want to ask. I have a CD-ROM called "Variable Geo Perfect Collection". It has all the CGs from the first and second variable geo, in two image extensions, so you can watch them in your pc-windows or Mac. It also has a "patch" for this Pc98 game that i think adds some changes to the gameplay (i suppose they actually wanted to make a good fighting game). So i tried to patch the game using disk explorer, but the game now only plays the intro and crashes. Anybody has tried this successfully?

Thank you for your help.